Highly recommend EU2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Highly recommend EU2

I must say, this is an incredible game. It is listed as a RTS; however, its not a traditional type RTS, well, like AoE2.

Rather than building individual units and grouping them, one purchases x amount of infantry, cavalry, and cannons. As land tech increases, these forces improve. Concerning naval forces, one chooses between warships, galleys, and transports.

There are several campaigns to choose, ranging from the American Dream (Independence) to the Grand Campaign (choosing one of 90+ playable countries) where one manuevers through 400+ years, dealing w/ historical events.

Being able to choose whether you want a decentralized gov't or centralized gov't, and dealing w/ religious tolerance issues in Europe from the 1400s to the 1800s are only two of the many decision-making opportunities in the game. If you're in to warmongering only, the game could be frustrating. Its not like warring in AoE2. Now, I'm a newb at the game, so I may not do a description justice. I can say its a fun and intersting game, very emersive (If that is even a word, I think it is.)

Oh, the game shipped w/ a "load-save crash bug." But, a quick patch by VP fixed the problem. I've had zero crashes since the patch, and no hitches w/ the software during game-play. I'm on an old tray-loading iMac w/ a G3/333 and 512MB RAM, using 10.2.6 OS.
    Last edited by dojoboy; June 8, 2003, 09:34.
    "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
    --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

EU2 for the Mac is at a great price through Amazon.com, only $21.99. Great price for a Mac game, and a damn good at that.
    I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."

Comment

I've been waiting for this game since it was released (being as it is my favourite historical period and all) and I was waiting for it's predecesor as well (that port was never finnished ). When this was ready I ordered it right away. That was more than one month ago. However the company I ordered from still hasn't gotten it to me
      No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

I play it on my bro's PC.
        "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

just bought it from compUSA for 29.99, haven't had much time to play with work, but my intial impression is that this looks like the game i've been wanting for a while. i hope that it will be.

Comment

Originally posted by CivPatriot
            just bought it from compUSA for 29.99, haven't had much time to play with work, but my intial impression is that this looks like the game i've been wanting for a while. i hope that it will be.
            I think you'll like it. I've had it for 2 weeks now, working on my first GC (Grand Campaign) as Castile/Spain. I'm definitely a rookie, as my inflation is out the roof. Fortunately, I was wise enough to play my first game on the "Very Easy" level. I don't get to sit and play very long either, maybe an hour here and there.

Comment

Originally posted by dojoboy
              I don't get to sit and play very long either, maybe an hour here and there.
              i understand the time problem, hopefully i'll have time this weekend to play it.

Comment

This game is sweet. wish civ3 whould have been like this.

I'm learning my way through the game(the school of hard knocks) and i like this game, one of the few games(strategy wise) that is a challenge to play even at its lowest level(can't fathom this game at top difficulty). What's even more surprising is that though its a challange i do not feel like i'm getting my head handed to me at every turn. this is definatly a buy game!!

Comment

Having finally gotten my copy (! ) I must say I agree. I love this game, I'm playing my first long game now with France in the GC

I still won't pretend I know everything even in the slightest (for instance I rarely if ever use the archive/ledger), but I am doing ok

Hey anyone up for some mac MP in the future?

Comment

Looks like one I'll have to seriously consider...
                    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by Henrik

Hey anyone up for some mac MP in the future?
                      Sunday (June 29) at 8 pm EST (US) on Valkyrie.net - EU2 Channel. Look for me, muzein, Rubel, Blublub, and possibly Sternum.

Comment

OK - read this, was intrigued, so walked a block to the mac store and bought it.

Mind bogglingly hard to start off with. I'm playing England in the Grand Campaign.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by dojoboy
                          Sunday (June 29) at 8 pm EST (US) on Valkyrie.net - EU2 Channel. Look for me, muzein, Rubel, Blublub, and possibly Sternum.
                          That'd be 2 Am for me

Is there no chance for a game during the morning or afternoon EST?

I'm on CET (central european time, ie EST+6).

Comment

So, this is a RTS right?
                            I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Working...
                            X