for the wii?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• for the wii?

i have a nintendo wii, in addition to my PC, and i know civrev is supposed to be a really good game. i was wondering if there has been any known talk on a version of civrev for the Wii - I'd love to see it!!!
    "Like Joseph Stalin, and Gandhi.
    I'm the Cult of Personality,
    Cult of Personality,
    Cult of Personality." ~ "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour

Originally posted by CivRules07 View Post
    i have a nintendo wii, in addition to my PC, and i know civrev is supposed to be a really good game. i was wondering if there has been any known talk on a version of civrev for the Wii - I'd love to see it!!!

Not at this time
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Firaxis was working on it, along w/ the other consoles, but halted development due to the need to have to design assets specifically for the Wii version. They didn't feel like the investment in manpower and dollars was worth it.

There are over 13 million Wii's sold in the USA, as of Q4 2008. I'd have to say there's money to be made on a Wii version of CivRev.
      "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
      --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

i agree - i'm sure it wouldn't be a waste of time or money
        "Like Joseph Stalin, and Gandhi.
        I'm the Cult of Personality,
        Cult of Personality,
        Cult of Personality." ~ "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour

Comment

Sorry for the slightly off-topic question, but this statement caught my eye in your post:

Originally posted by dojoboy View Post
          There are over 13 million Wii's sold in the USA, as of Q4 2008. I'd have to say there's money to be made on a Wii version of CivRev.
          I am curious about the sales figures (number of units sold) of all the consoles (mostly the latest gen: Wii, PS3 and Xbox360) and I tried to google for such info but found a lot of reports that are long outdated (Dec 2007 or early 2008) and after a few pages gave up. Could you give me a hint where to find such info?

Thanks a lot!
          ::Zsozso::

Comment

My wife and i would definitely get CivRev if they ever make it for the Wii. After all, Firaxis didn't say never... just not now.
            The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
            "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
            "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
            The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander I View Post
              My wife and i would definitely get CivRev if they ever make it for the Wii. After all, Firaxis didn't say never... just not now.
              So your wife plays civ, eh?

Lucky dawg
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
              X