Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why The Lack Of Excitement?

WHAT!??! NO POSTS IN 5 DAYS?!

People wake up. This is not an ordinary game. THIS IS CIVILIZATION REVOLUTION, the game SID HAS ALWAYS WANTED TO MAKE.

What part about this game is a revolution? Let me count the ways.

(1) New sounds Advisers now sound like they've got your genitals in their mouth while they're speaking. Nothing makes me feel more like a world leader than this new feature.

(2) Better controls Civilization 4's mouse and keyboard design has nothing on two analog sticks, a d-pad, and some face/shoulder buttons. No strategy game in the history of console videogames has made this control setup work, but Sid has! Now, to zoom in, you hold down the left trigger halfway -- holding it down all the way zooms in! If that's not intuitive, I don't know what the **** is.

(3) Black Cleopatra I'm not sure if they had this in previous games or not, but I'd hit it

(4) Even more cartoony graphics Every since my last girlfriend dumped me I have longed for the days when I was a prepubescent whore of a 4th grader who randomly accused girls in my class of stuffing their bra. In this phase of my life cartoons were still not completely and utterly gay. NOW THANKS TO THE SID MEIER I CAN RELIVE MY YOUTH with graphics like this: http://www.catchgamer.no/images/news/7346/CivRevB.jpg

CIV REV

Apolyton better shape up, this is the game of the ****ing century right here.
    Last edited by Wiglaf; June 24, 2008, 19:29.

Best. Post. Ever.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Re: Why The Lack Of Excitement?

It's the "Curse of the Macbino." Ever since Apoly gassed us Mac..platform...people, a hazy fog lingers along the road to Apoly Land.

Try here.
      "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
      --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Quiet Mac fanboi!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well because I am sitting here in the cold north without my copy of CivRed DS, untill it get released and delivered I am staying as far away as possible from CivRev threads. I want to explore it myself.
          What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

I'm waiting for the DS version too. I'll get excited when I realise the game is good enough to waste time on Wi-fi with.
            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Quiet Mac fanboi!
              See, told ya.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
              I'm waiting for the DS version too. .....
              Same here. I've got my copy reserved, just waiting on July 8.
              I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."

Comment

I've had the game a few weeks now and I'm loving it!!!

Comment

Re: Why The Lack Of Excitement?

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                  WHAT!??! NO POSTS IN 5 DAYS?!

People wake up. This is not an ordinary game. THIS IS CIVILIZATION REVOLUTION, the game SID HAS ALWAYS WANTED TO MAKE.

What part about this game is a revolution? Let me count the ways.

(1) New sounds Advisers now sound like they've got your genitals in their mouth while they're speaking. Nothing makes me feel more like a world leader than this new feature.

(2) Better controls Civilization 4's mouse and keyboard design has nothing on two analog sticks, a d-pad, and some face/shoulder buttons. No strategy game in the history of console videogames has made this control setup work, but Sid has! Now, to zoom in, you hold down the left trigger halfway -- holding it down all the way zooms in! If that's not intuitive, I don't know what the **** is.

(3) Black Cleopatra I'm not sure if they had this in previous games or not, but I'd hit it

(4) Even more cartoony graphics Every since my last girlfriend dumped me I have longed for the days when I was a prepubescent whore of a 4th grader who randomly accused girls in my class of stuffing their bra. In this phase of my life cartoons were still not completely and utterly gay. NOW THANKS TO THE SID MEIER I CAN RELIVE MY YOUTH with graphics like this: http://www.catchgamer.no/images/news/7346/CivRevB.jpg

CIV REV

I am going to buy Civ Revolutions for the PS3 just to see if is as good as on my PC (that will be difficult to match).

I am however always surprised how people can become so emotional about a game. Why be mad if other people are not as excited as you? As long as I enjoy the game I don't care what others think about it.

Comment

Before you buy you may want to DL the demo from the PS3 store. I did and found the game to be fun. Not sure if I want to spend full price or not but I do plan on buying it sometime.
                    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

Comment

Re: Re: Why The Lack Of Excitement?

Originally posted by dojoboy
                      Ever since Apoly gassed us Mac..platform...people...

There are some in the Apolyton community that genuinely disregard the Mac, as a gaming platform at least; however, I don't believe it to be representative of the majority here neither is this view confined here.
                      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Why The Lack Of Excitement?

Originally posted by DanQ

There are some in the Apolyton community that genuinely disregard the Mac, as a gaming platform at least; however, I don't believe it to be representative of the majority here neither is this view confined here.
                        I agree. And, those of us who use Macs aren't in it for the gaming. Well, I am, but that's another story. The Civ series traditionally runs above par on the Mac. The Aspyr SNAFU sheds light on an issue that we already knew; however, Aspyr usually does the unexpected.

However, don't think for one minute those snide comments and giggles don't hurt.

Oh yeah, that's right, I listen to those podcasts! Dag Nabit!

O/T: I can't wait for CivRev!
                        Last edited by dojoboy; June 29, 2008, 15:55.

Comment

Working...
                        X