Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for Firaxis about Civ Rev?

Hey guys,

First, a bit of introduction. I'm Elizabeth Tobey, Community Manager here at 2K, and I'll be leading the charge on all community efforts from here till launch for Civilization Revolution.

I'm an avid Civ player since Civilization II took over my life in middle school. My favorite Civ is the Russians, and my current favorite scenario is the Barbarian Horde in Warlords. As for working on Civ Rev... I'm giddy like a school girl. How often does a person get to work on their favorite game of all time, and meet Sid Meier face-to-face?

I'm planning a pretty big base for community updates, but since you guys are pretty much the authority on all things Civ, I'd like to open this thread up for you guys to ask any and all questions you would like to see answered about the game.

Feel free to also include any ideas for features you'd like to me to dig deeper in -- highlights on any units, civilizations, or artwork you are curious about. I'm going to spend a week with Firaxis to get as many answers as possible for you in December, so anything you would like to see written about for the community -- ask for it here!

Thanks.

-e.

Welcome to Poly, Elizabeth .

We're happy to have you here.

As for working on Civ Rev... I'm giddy like a school girl. How often does a person get to work on their favorite game of all time, and meet Sid Meier face-to-face?

May I also add... I'm jealous as all Hell .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      Welcome to Poly, Elizabeth .

We're happy to have you here.
      thank you!

i've been reading the site for a long time, so i know from experience your ideas can trump mine any day -- just let me know what you want to see and i'll try and make it happen ... it's my job!

Comment

I am sure people have a lot of questions about the differences between how CivRev will play between platforms. Will the experience be the same on the 360 vs DS vs the PSP? What works well in each platform, what doesn't? Will there be long load times on the PSP? Does the DS have the resolution/real estate to make city management screens easy to read? Is anything being cut, or handled substantially differently from one platform to another. And the biggie, how does CivRev "feel" on each platform?

Maybe a good way to answer that is to have a side-by-side comparison. Set up a game in all three platforms with the same settings (world size, civ choice, etc) and play the game out, or at least through the first say 100 turns.

Oh, and glad to see you here!

Comment

Welcome on behalf of the administration and thanks for taking the time to post here
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            Welcome on behalf of the administration and thanks for taking the time to post here

thanks for the hook up with the title, and you'll see me hanging around here a lot!

Comment

You shouldn't be seeing ads anymore either. Let me know if you do.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
                Welcome on behalf of the administration
                Beat me to it.

and thanks for taking the time to post here

Originally posted by Kinjiru
                I am sure people have a lot of questions about the differences between how CivRev will play between platforms. [..]

Maybe a good way to answer that is to have a side-by-side comparison.
                I will be alluding to this briefly in my preview of CivRev. I saw and played the majority of the game on the Xbox 360 but had a little playtime on the Nintendo DS as well.
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

IIRC there was some talk about combat not being to the death anymore or something? How does that work exactly?
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by 2K Elizabeth i've been reading the site for a long time...
                    Does that mean that we can conclude that this is your DL?
                    And if so, what's your other Poly name?

Welcome aboard! It's awesome to see that the game makers want to talk with the fans!! Good luck!
                    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

First Welcome aboard

Second:
                      Must say that I am mainly intressted in the DS version of Civ: Rev simply because that is my main plattform for the moment. So I have been looking around for prewievs of the DS version but has so far only seen the xbox360/PS3 version. I know that DanQ has played the DS version (when does the prewiev arrive?) but when do firaxis plan to send out the first "official" screen shots and preview DS versions sent out to large game sites? If they already are out, where should I look?

Third:
                      Will it be any difference between the PS3 and the xbox360 version?

Thanks for your time.
                      What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

Originally posted by waab
                        I know that DanQ has played the DS version (when does the prewiev arrive?)...
                        The preview is extensive -- a lot of video footage to watch, document and in some cases verify. That's why other than the preface no parts have been published just yet.

I appreciate everyone's continued patience.
                        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ

I appreciate everyone's continued patience.
                          Your are just lazy :-D

Can't give any hints at all for when we can see your preview? Listen to polycast and reading some of the "previews" out there makes me wonder if the people previewing (is that a word?) actualy have played CIV.
                          What do I care about your suffering? Pain, even agony, is no more than information before the senses, data fed to the computer of the mind. The lesson is simple: you have received the information, now act on it. Take control of the input and you shall become master of the output.

Comment

In all fairness most of them have, we just like to pick on the ones that haven't

Hi Elizabeth, welcome to Apolyton

I'm curious about modding support: how much of that will CivRev offer and will this game come with any scenarios? We interviewed Barry Caudill 2 or 3 months ago and he couldn't say anything either way at that point, but as soon as that changes I'd love to know.
                            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

I have one more question, not about gameplay but more about release date. It is often so that we in PAL have to wait a very long time to get new games released here. What if firaxis plans when it comes to deliver Civ: Rev to Europe?

Comment

Working...
                              X