Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm quite disappointed with Firaxis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm quite disappointed with Firaxis

    Firaxis, I hope one of you read this and don't take it lightly.

    This new Civilization Revolutions game looks like a lot of fun, it reminds me of Civilization I and II in many ways.

    As you know, I like playing Civ, I have been since I was 10 (1991) and got my father and uncle to play it too - which by the way they play ritually every night.

    Now you (or should I say Sid Meier) release a new Civilization game, that neither myself, my father and uncle and no doubt the countless Civ Fanatics out there who are PC users, NOT console users - and probably never will be and most definitely don't want to be - will be upset / disappointed that they won't be able to play (or in your case, buy) this game.

    You have the right to make a choice, and I am fine with that; but I feel a little back-stabbed. You could at least release a PC version as well, where is your credibility?

    The controls are no excuse.
    be free

  • #2
    While sympathizing with you, I must disagree.

    Why to be disappointed?

    True, this game doesn't seem to be to us Civ players (from 1991/civ1
    until now).

    But we are not the only gamers in this World.

    Civ makers/owners want to make a game for another kind of
    customers, all good, nothing wrong with.

    I wish them luck.

    I'll just become, more than disappointed, sad if they quit doing "our
    good" games. Afterall, all, or almost, houses that made "my good"
    games no longer work, I hope this one not to follow the same path.

    Best regards,

    Comment


    • #3
      I posted what I did with all that in mind, but it still does not justify.
      be free

      Comment


      • #4
        Agreed with fed. This game is mostly designed for those who would be new to civ. People who probably haven't picked up a Civ game because there is too much stuff going on. It's a more simplified and shorter Civ game which won't require as much time as a PC Civ game.

        Who knows, maybe the folks who jump onto CivRev will gradually come over to the PC Civ games if they are looking for more complexity.
        I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

        Comment


        • #5
          Yes but Imran, if you read my post carefully, you will see that all I am asking is for a PC version, I'm not against whatever it is they are doing; but why must they cut the rest of us out?
          be free

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sn00py
            you will see that all I am asking is for a PC version
            They probably will, eventually, port it over to PC.
            I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sn00py
              Yes but Imran, if you read my post carefully, you will see that all I am asking is for a PC version, I'm not against whatever it is they are doing; but why must they cut the rest of us out?
              Well, what makes you think they won't port it over... as nugog says? They may not do it right away, but I assume eventually it will come. Unless it sucks .
              I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui


                Well, what makes you think they won't port it over... as Nugog says? They may not do it right away, but I assume eventually it will come.
                Of course they will..........

                Unless it sucks .
                I guess that will not make a difference in their decision to port it over or not.........
                I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't be so sure, a lot of games exclusive for consoles do not get ported over.
                  be free

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Sn00py
                    Don't be so sure, a lot of games exclusive for consoles do not get ported over.
                    Very true - however this particular game would have an instant established PC gamer market.

                    Lets wait two years and see who guessed right!

                    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Indeed... a lot of 'exclusive' for console games don't get ported if they see that people in the PC market wouldn't buy it in sufficient numbers to make it worthwile. Besides, a lot of the exclusive content is 1st party stuff anyway. However, anything with "Sid Meier" and "Civilization" in the title WILL sell on the PC.
                      I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Unless they are worried about it damaging the civ name, if its *that* bad.
                        A ship at sea is its own world. To be the captain of a ship is to be the unquestioned ruler of that world and requires all of the leadership skills of a prince or minister.

                        Men grow tired of sleep, love, singing and dancing, sooner than war

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          In which case he won't want it anyway, so it doesn't matter .
                          I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: I'm quite disappointed with Firaxis

                            Originally posted by Sn00py
                            Firaxis, I hope one of you read this and don't take it lightly.

                            This new Civilization Revolutions game looks like a lot of fun, it reminds me of Civilization I and II in many ways.

                            As you know, I like playing Civ, I have been since I was 10 (1991) and got my father and uncle to play it too - which by the way they play ritually every night.

                            Now you (or should I say Sid Meier) release a new Civilization game, that neither myself, my father and uncle and no doubt the countless Civ Fanatics out there who are PC users, NOT console users - and probably never will be and most definitely don't want to be - will be upset / disappointed that they won't be able to play (or in your case, buy) this game.

                            You have the right to make a choice, and I am fine with that; but I feel a little back-stabbed. You could at least release a PC version as well, where is your credibility?

                            The controls are no excuse.
                            QFT

                            I am afraid it is quite unlikely that I will buy a $400 game consol;e just to play a Civ game.
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: I'm quite disappointed with Firaxis

                              I feel a little back-stabbed.
                              O.K., this made me laugh, and I had to register just to respond.

                              How can you feel back-stabbed when we PC gamers have Civilization IV plus Beyond the Sword, which I don't think it would be an exaggeration to call the definitive version of Civilization? I mean really.

                              Personally, I'm hoping they're able to pull this off since I'd love to have Civilization for my Nintendo DS to take on the road with me.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X