Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have the exact same problem and circumstances as the person above. It crashes when sge saves. It works whether Ive made changes or not, if that helps. Same OS and civ version as posted above.

Thanks

Edit: My log file doesnt have the decompression errors shown in the above quote box. My C3MT.LOG file shows nothing but the Upgrade messages.
    Last edited by dasracht; April 24, 2003, 01:29.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lochlann
      Hi, I have one quick question about your utility. (Super job by the way, thanks very much for all your hard work.) I downloaded the C3MT for one purpose: to extend the final turn "deadline" beyond 2050 AD. This feature does not seem to work, however. (I'm playing PTW v. 121f.) I open up the Save Game Modifier and modify the "last turn" field to extend beyond 2050, but when I load the game at 2049 and advance to the next turn, the game ends as usual. Is there something I'm not doing correctly?
      I'm not sure how tha last turn thing works with PTW yet. I'm trying to find it out. But right now I'm in a more major addition to the sge. (Nothing announced yet thou)
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken aka Batman
        I've updated to the .99 version but I now get the standard C3mt has encountered a problem and needs to close when attempted to resave an edited save for CIVIII. I've never had this problem before.

Here is my C3MT log, but I don't see anything in there to help....lol

I'm running XP home with CIV III 1.29f
        Try puting the c3mt.dll in your Windows\System32 directory.

Comment

• Originally posted by dasracht
          I have the exact same problem and circumstances as the person above. It crashes when sge saves. It works whether Ive made changes or not, if that helps. Same OS and civ version as posted above.

Thanks

Edit: My log file doesnt have the decompression errors shown in the above quote box. My C3MT.LOG file shows nothing but the Upgrade messages.
          Exactly when does it crash?

I've not encounted a single problem with saving (even running the release-version)

Comment

• Originally posted by 123john321
            nice, but, could you make it so it puts seas around the coast? Thanks!
            Probably, as I puit cost around the continents by default. (so changing ocean tiles around the cost to sea would not be mush harder) I'll see if I get time to add it to the next update.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Exactly when does it crash?

I've not encounted a single problem with saving (even running the release-version)
              It completes some of the save, then crashes. If you like I can post an incomplete save made when it crashes?

Comment

• Do you try to replace a save, or do you save a new one?

And yes, an incomplete sae would be very helpful

Comment

• Ive tried replacing a save, and saving as a new name, both with the same results.

I made this save just now, I opened up one of my current saved game files, made no changes, chose file->save, chose the name gramphos.SAV, and clicked save. 10 seconds later, with the UI frozen the whole time, the windows xp crashed program dialog opens and says "Civ3MultiTool has encountered a problem and needs to close." and it shuts down. It generated this sav file, Ill attach it.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

• Sorry I tried to upload it, but it's 5.8 mb large. Im playing a huge map... what shall I do?

Comment

• zip it

Comment

• and if oyu could include the save yuo loaded it would be good.

Comment

• Ah, that does compress it a lot, doesnt it?!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Alas, the save I loaded, compressed, is 527,000 bytes and over the limit. Shall I use a different compression tool?

Comment

• I's crashing up on the saving of the histograph...
                              I'll take a look at that.

Comment

• I can't see any problems with it...
                                Does it take long time to save?

Comment

Working...
                                X