Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 123john321
    Hi, I what a bug (I think....) I have the new patch, for PtW, and when I goto the Unit maker, I get a "subscript out of range", why is that? Thanks for you time!
    I'll take a look at it. The unit structure hasn't changed with the lates patch, so I'm not sure why this werrorr comes with that.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• then reinstall?
      Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• I don't get no error... Will investigate a bit further.

Comment

• Is the file c3mt.txt in your C#MT folder, and are you set to English (default)

Comment

• Originally posted by 123john321
            then reinstall?
            I'm not sure if this would help.

But can you answe my questions and I might be able to get what's wrong.

1. Have you or have you not got a civilization3.ini file in the Civilization3 path (vanilla)

2. Have you or have you not got a ptw.ini file in the CIV3PTW directory

3. Do you see the form of the UCW before the crash?

4. Can you do anything before the crash?

5. Are you going directly to the UCW or are you loadibng VIA main menu

6. Do you get the same error if you do it the other way around

Also don't forgot my c3mt.txt question.

(And thanks for making me look into the UCW, I found a cosmetic bug to be corrected for the next version in both UCW and MPCNV)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

I'm not sure if this would help.

But can you answe my questions and I might be able to get what's wrong.

1. Have you or have you not got a civilization3.ini file in the Civilization3 path (vanilla)

2. Have you or have you not got a ptw.ini file in the CIV3PTW directory

3. Do you see the form of the UCW before the crash?

4. Can you do anything before the crash?

5. Are you going directly to the UCW or are you loadibng VIA main menu

6. Do you get the same error if you do it the other way around

Also don't forgot my c3mt.txt question.

(And thanks for making me look into the UCW, I found a cosmetic bug to be corrected for the next version in both UCW and MPCNV)
              1/2- yes

3-No, but I do see a part of it when it said the subsript,

4- On the menu, but not on the UCW

5- try both

6- don't get 6

hope it helps
              Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• you got the answer to 6 in your answer to 5 (try the other )

Still I want to know of the c3mt.txt and that the language in settings is set to English (default)

Comment

• I have the txt and english is default

Comment

• heres the srceenshot if it helps:
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Can you see if you can get into the Mapconverter. Many parts of the UCW and the Map converter are the same, and if there is an error with the mapconverter as well I know it's the buildup that's something wrong about it not than it's probably an unexisting string refered to somewhere. (I'll be adding more error handling/tracking code in upcoming versions, and am adding right now, it's just that it is the boring part )

Comment

• The problem is probably at initiation of the wizard steps, after the AI strats are loaded. I'll take another look on that code

Comment

• Can you enable the show loading progress option on the copytool tab in the settings?

Does the progressbar start load or does it crash before it shows?

Comment

• In relpy to your 1st post of 3-in-a-row, look at the pic below, and to the last post, no, it doesn't show the bar loading
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Anything at all in c3mt.log?

(you know you are delaying C3MT 1.03 are you? (It's almost done. I just want to see if I can nail this bug before building))

Comment

• I get a "open with..." window, so I guess my computer dones't sporrt .log files, but you can look at if you can open it
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X