Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that I am at it I would like a bug report to contain:
    OS Version and language
    C3MT Version and language
    Civ3 Version and language
    PTW Version and language
    A description of the bug
    What you tried to do, and any error messages dispalayed
    Content (if any) of c3mt.log after the Upgrade to latest version line

For bugs with SGE:
    Save version used
    Save supplied with the report.
    If the game corrupts after editing, or editing is done in a correct wahy supply both the original and the modified saves

All files supplied shall be ziped. If too big to attach then referee to an email sent with the file on the report. (It's always best that you report the bug on the forum, even if you mail me a copy as it might be others with the same problem, and that might help in solving the bug.)

Also, before reporting a bug make sure that you have the latest version by checking the about box.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• RE: Bug with C3MT on Civ3PTW 1.21f

I am having a problem with the savegame editor. It is opened fine and can be saved, however when the savegame is loaded all the technologies researched reset to none. This happens all the time. I tried to readd them by opening the savegame again, but to no avail.

Comment

• I too, am experiencing problems with the CivmultiTool. When I open the saved game editor and try to edit my civ.. I get this error "Run-time error '11': Division by Zero"

email me at intheend06@chainmailleworks.com if you can help me out.. thanks!
        And the Multi Tool shuts down...

Comment

• All I want is some quick help... I don't want all that tech crap

Comment

• Originally posted by intheend06
            All I want is some quick help... I don't want all that tech crap
            hi ,

its thanks to that tech crap that all mistakes shall be solved after time , and everyone can enjoy the tool , .......

and how do you want help if you dont give details , .....

when you call for a piece of your car , how do you expect the guy on the other side to know what make , year and model it is , .......

thats why Gramphos posted his help faq , .....

have a nice weekend
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• OS Version: 98 SE
              Language: English
              C3MT Version: Latest
              Language:English
              Civ3 Version: Latest
              Language: English

With the save game editor I open a saved game and I can edit all enemy civ's.. but when I try to edit mine I get this error "Run-time error '11': Division by Zero". It happens with all my saves. Thanks. Email me at intheend06@chainmailleworks.com

Comment

• OS - 98se english
                C3MT - 1.01 english
                Civ3 - 1.29 US
                PTW - 1.21 US

This is a problem with the importing of a map and the rules. Let me explain what I did, I was playing a scenario with ptw and while playing a few of the rules were incorrect. So to avoid restarting the game, I exported the game with the rules. I then changed the rules to how they should be. I then imported the rules(with the map that is the same as in the game).

I then start up ptw and load the save game. I get an error where it can not find a needed entry in the pediaicons.txt. So I do a test, I replace the standard pediaicons.txt in \CIV3PTW\Text with the one from the scenario. When I load up the game now I get errors of missing graphics, but NONE FROM the pediaicons.txt, because they too are from the scenario.

My guess at the problem is that when a map is imported, it does not import where it should look for the files from the scenario, instead it just uses the default location for files.

Comment

• Originally posted by I Am Jeff
                  OS - 98se english
                  C3MT - 1.01 english
                  Civ3 - 1.29 US
                  PTW - 1.21 US

This is a problem with the importing of a map and the rules. Let me explain what I did, I was playing a scenario with ptw and while playing a few of the rules were incorrect. So to avoid restarting the game, I exported the game with the rules. I then changed the rules to how they should be. I then imported the rules(with the map that is the same as in the game).

I then start up ptw and load the save game. I get an error where it can not find a needed entry in the pediaicons.txt. So I do a test, I replace the standard pediaicons.txt in \CIV3PTW\Text with the one from the scenario. When I load up the game now I get errors of missing graphics, but NONE FROM the pediaicons.txt, because they too are from the scenario.

My guess at the problem is that when a map is imported, it does not import where it should look for the files from the scenario, instead it just uses the default location for files.
                  I'll investigate this issue. I've not been working very mush with PTW mods with the SGE, and it's most löikely as you think. Do you know if the Scenari search folder was exported correctly with the map?

Comment

• Originally posted by bclayton
                    I have a new installation of Civ3 and updated to 1.29f and then install the lastest verion of the editor and get a sunscript out of range error. I am on XP pro.
                    Do you get any other error before the subscript error?

Comment

• (I'm currently working on 1.27f compatibility with the tool. (Currently BIX version 11.19 is not supported))

Comment

• I have found the reason for the Science walk, and Wonder data corrption and maybe also trade network (I'm not exactly sure how that is stored, but if my theroies are correct they would have been effected)?

The error is that one byte too mush gets copied from an unknown buffer to the saved save, so that all the date after that byte gets one byte wrong. For science this results in the8th civ getting the 1st civ techs, and the 1st civ getting the techs of the 24th civ one tech lower and so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiG_Master
                          I got a bit of a problem. I edited one of my games by adding settlers to a previously un-explored island, which worked fine. But now when ever I conquer a city, the game crashes. It doesn't matter if the population is 1 and it dies, or 12 and I keep it. It just throws me back to Windows after thinking for a second. I'm totally stumped.

*edit* I have Civ3 original 1.29f, CMT 1.001 (<-- awsome tool)and WinXP Pro
                          This might be related to a bug with the city per continent recalculation which will be corrected for the next game. (I'm not sure if too big values in those fileds will result in that error)

Comment

- SGE: Corrected bug where the tool would think that you tried to move a wonder by having it selected and making any update operation (save/change selected city)
                            - Adds support for PTW 1.27f (BIX 11.19)
                            - SGE: Bug where the tool would freeze on save load in some rare cases corrected.
                            - SGE: Corrected bug from v1.01 where various generic settings of the games (as science progress and wonder allocation) were corrupted on saving.
                            - SGE: Citycounting bug where the number of cities reported would be X times to big where X is the number of players in the game plus barbarians.
                            - SGE: Added option to not remove resources not replaced by other resources during mapimport.
                            - SGE: Corrected bug where the game would ask you to move the Barbarian Capital to the selected city on map import if the selected city is the first city in the game.
                            - SGE: Corrected a subscript out of range bug when the game fails to select a citizen in the city list when the cities tab is selected.
                            - Added some more errorhandling and logging. (There is still mush to be done on this point)

available at first post

Comment

• I'll investigate this issue. I've not been working very mush with PTW mods with the SGE, and it's most löikely as you think. Do you know if the Scenari search folder was exported correctly with the map?
                              Yes it is exported, that is why it has puzzled me . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X