Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I try to install C3MT, I get the error attached below.

I have C:\temp, C:\tmp, C:\windows\temp, and c:\windows\tmp directories, and neither they nor the windows directery are read-only. C: still has hundreds of megs of free space. I tried rebooting (I had had PTW and Mozilla open), but still got the same error. I'm using Win98.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Check your environ variables that the TEMP and TMP variables are set.

(Try to run %TEMP%)
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Hya.

Does anyone know why the heck, when I try to install PTW, the setup asks for a "data3.cab" file?? It doesn't exist!!! It happens when the installation progress is at 31% or 51%.

I installed PTW once and it didn't happen, but I had to reinstall it and now this sh*t!!!

See ya.
        Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
          Check your environ variables that the TEMP and TMP variables are set.

(Try to run %TEMP%)
          This is interesting... it shows me the root directory of c: for both variables.

Comment

• Check your autoexec.bat file if it contains a line like
            SET TMP=C:
            or something similar. (I don't remember if Win98 do load environment variables from the bootfiles) If not they may be changeable from the System properties. I'll check it on a win98 computer in the morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by SkalTur
              Hya.

Does anyone know why the heck, when I try to install PTW, the setup asks for a "data3.cab" file?? It doesn't exist!!! It happens when the installation progress is at 31% or 51%.

I installed PTW once and it didn't happen, but I had to reinstall it and now this sh*t!!!

See ya.
              Ask your question in the Civ3 - help forum (or search for it there (I believe it's been asked before))

It's not a question for this thread anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                Check your autoexec.bat file if it contains a line like
                SET TMP=C:
                or something similar. (I don't remember if Win98 do load environment variables from the bootfiles) If not they may be changeable from the System properties. I'll check it on a win98 computer in the morning.
                Yep, that was the problem. Thanks! And great work; this is an amazing editor.

Comment

• Finnish language file for v1.01

Here it is: What the Finnish community has been waiting for: The finnish translation by Basher.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• i have this problem:

i have installed PTW v.1.14 and i want to create in a city a panzer.

The panzer is created but every tecnology was cancelled in the game... i must restart to reseach from the beginning...

Comment

• Kougar, I'm currently investagating what is causing the loss of research progress in some PTW games.

The full investigation might have to wait about a week before fully start due to more important issues beeing in need of addressing before the end of this week...

Comment

• very thanks, im waiting

Comment

• I got a bit of a problem. I edited one of my games by adding settlers to a previously un-explored island, which worked fine. But now when ever I conquer a city, the game crashes. It doesn't matter if the population is 1 and it dies, or 12 and I keep it. It just throws me back to Windows after thinking for a second. I'm totally stumped.

*edit* I have Civ3 original 1.29f, CMT 1.001 (<-- awsome tool)and WinXP Pro

Comment

• Originally posted by MiG_Master
                            I got a bit of a problem. I edited one of my games by adding settlers to a previously un-explored island, which worked fine. But now when ever I conquer a city, the game crashes. It doesn't matter if the population is 1 and it dies, or 12 and I keep it. It just throws me back to Windows after thinking for a second. I'm totally stumped.

*edit* I have Civ3 original 1.29f, CMT 1.001 (<-- awsome tool)and WinXP Pro
                            hi ,

save

btw , seen this before with some security software

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Actually, it looks like the whole file is corrupt. Even the un-modified back-up crashes. All the other saves are fine though. I'll just write off that game I guess.

Comment

• i have installed the 1.21 patch.

Now if i save a savegame, this is corrupt: the civ3MT crash if i load savegame changed and the civ3 game don't load too the savegame changed...

Comment

Working...
                                X