Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dodn't need a screenshots of the numbers... They do pretty mush tell me about the error anyways.

You did say that it worked with the first loading after editning, bu later corruped?

And yes, files both corrupted and original is always wanted.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Yes. The first two times.

1) Edit an original save and load OK.
      2) Edit an edited save and load OK.

From the third time, editing either original save or edited save would result in the corrupted file.

I've try twice with v1.00.0001 and both result in a corrupted file. Uninstall and re-install won't change anything.

I will zip up the saves and attach here when I'm home.

Edit:

About the error message, I had 3 different ones in a few times attempting to load the game:

"DataIO Error: DataIO operation System Error: PAVL"

"DataIO Error: DataIO operation System Error: TUTR"

"DataIO Error: DataIO operation System Error: CULT"

Another wierd thing: I manage to load a corrupted save after I had loaded a good save before that (even though, I still got the error message). All changes were there. However, the mini map was the one for the previous loaded save. The game will crash in the next turn. I have not yet try to save and load it again to see if it would work normal again.

The zip is too big to attach. So I send it to your email address in your sig.
      Last edited by Powercell; June 5, 2003, 06:51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powercell
        Yes. The first two times.

Another wierd thing: I manage to load a corrupted save after I had loaded a good save before that (even though, I still got the error message). All changes were there. However, the mini map was the one for the previous loaded save. The game will crash in the next turn. I have not yet try to save and load it again to see if it would work normal again.
        Hya.

I had this same error returned to me (last month I guess)... but the game didn't crash in the next turn... well, if I tryed to save it and load later it wouldn't work...

If I remember what I did to fix it, I post here.

See ya.
        Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Gramphos, I got improvments!

When loading a save on SaveGameEditor, I get "not a civ3 file", "not a recognized format" and then the file loads...

I make my changes and then load it in-game... but my changes didn't take place... It was as I hadn't made changes at all... It's happening to all my PTW saves.

See ya.

Comment

• Powercell, I'll look into your problem (and SkalTur's too ) but a new version is not to be expected within two weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
              Powercell, I'll look into your problem (and SkalTur's too ) but a new version is not to be expected within two weeks.
              K, thanks.

Comment

• polish files for 1.0 and 1.0.0001

(CG)Mendax
                Attached Files
                Don't pack with zips, use Compressia or WinUHA!!!

"F***'em and their law!"

Comment

• Good news,

I uninstalled both versions (1.00 and 1.00.0001) then reinstalled 1.00.0001 and I haven't had any problem since (except c3mt crashed a few times). I haven't experienced with any feature other than the savegame editor.

Comment

• gramphos: i tried to PM you a few days ago, but you box is full. and i'm note sure if you read your mails.
                    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                      gramphos: i tried to PM you a few days ago, but you box is full. and i'm note sure if you read your mails.
                      hi ,

you are not the only one , he has not responded or even read the messages , maybe he is on holidays , or so , ...... ( and getting a kick out of reading this from a cybercafe )

you can bet that if he can post he shall do so , .....

have a nice day

Gramphos , where are you , ..... there is a small problem with the uk new patch and the french one , .....
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• I'm home...

(at least now)

Have been on a vacation for tha last tweleve days. (Most spended in Germany, but also eastern France and nothern Austria)

I currently have 184 emails to read... so still some time beforwe i can notice that there is a new patch

(WTH do they release it when I am away? )

Comment

• @sabrewolf:
                          I have the same problen too.
                          While loading I get the Msg:

"DataIO operation System Error:CLNY"

either changing enemy units into my own or deleting enemy units...
                          THERE IS NO JUSTICE - JUST ME

Comment

• I've not yet had time to take a look at the latest UK patch...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                              I'm home...

(at least now)

Have been on a vacation for tha last tweleve days. (Most spended in Germany, but also eastern France and nothern Austria)

I currently have 184 emails to read... so still some time beforwe i can notice that there is a new patch

(WTH do they release it when I am away? )
                              hi ,

you should have come over for a small visit , ....

then you would have known that we cant do it without you , ....

thats twice , next time when you go on holidays stop in places with a cybercafe or so , ....

anyway , dont forget to read your PM's also

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• I want a file with the CLNY error. I've not been able to reproduce it myself, and the current version seems to be working just fine with the EU varsion of 1.21f

Comment

Working...
                                X