Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Gramphos.

This is an odd problem, so bear with me.

Im playing a game right now where there are only two other civs left, Germany and France. I decided to get an alliance with France to go after Germany, and after several turns, Germany lost its cities to our alliance.

The problem starts there.... Germany wasnt defeated. I loaded up your SGE (which ive used throughout the game) and searched for German cities.. there were none. So I searched for German units, but there were no settlers, just submarines scattered all over the map. So I spent several turns clearing out the subs, and now SGE reports Germany has no units or cities, but they still arent defeated!!

Im not sure if this is from the SGE or not, but ive never experienced this in a regular game. Is there something Im missing here? Or is there a way to use SGE to mark Germany as defeated, or something like that?

Thanks for your help!

EDIT:
    I wanted to add one thing I tried to fix the problem. I used diplomacy with Germany to sign a peace treaty, then gave them one of my cities. I planned on destroying it after giving it away, thinking this might finish Germany off, but it didnt. After I gave them the city, it didnt appear as their capitol, with the star icon. I opened this game up in the SGE, and when I tried to add a palace to this city to make it Germany's capitol, SGE displayed "This will move Germany's capitol from to Berlin" with the blank space for Germany's current capitol. Then SGE crashes.

Comment

• Definately a strange problem. It's fully possible that it's a result of som incomplete editing done bhy C3MT during the game.

Have you edited any german cities during the game?
      Do you have an idea of what changes you made with the SGE?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Originally posted by SkalTur
        So... what's up? Gramphos, what about fixing that url in the first page for people to see your awesome work in C3MT?
        I'm still waiting for MarkG to restore my ftp account since the Settler I crash.

Comment

• Good morning Gramphos!

I dont think I had edited german cities.. but I'd edited my own, adding cultural improvements like libraries and universities. Im playing a huge map and theres hundreds of cities so its possible I edited a German one by mistake. If you like I can post a saved game.

But in the meantime, do you know of a way to quickly take Germany out of the game with SGE or another way so that Ill eventually be able to complete the game?

Thanks!

Comment

• I'll upload the file anyway in case you check it while Im away.

Comment

• in an older version of SGE i once edited some culture stuff in a foreign city and changed the "belongs to" of another city... and everything went crazy after that.

dasracht: why don't you give germany a settler (convert it from one of your weakest units) place it near you and kill it in the next move... maybe the game made a misscalculation and didn't notice all units were gone...
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                in an older version of SGE i once edited some culture stuff in a foreign city and changed the "belongs to" of another city... and everything went crazy after that.

dasracht: why don't you give germany a settler (convert it from one of your weakest units) place it near you and kill it in the next move... maybe the game made a misscalculation and didn't notice all units were gone...
                You're my new hero!

Unfortunately the settler idea didnt work, but I was thinking about your post and remembered that years and years back I changed one of Germany's cities to make it "belong to" France! So I loaded SGE, changed that city to belong to Germany and moved the French units out of it, rolled my army in, and then: "You have defeated the Magnificant Germans"!!!

I was so frustrated because Id played a huge map, with full amount of civs, all the way up to 1993, and definitely didnt want to give it up.

So I guess the "Belongs to" feature doesnt change some value somewhere. Anyway, cheers for the replies and the memory jog =)

Comment

• Damn confusing.........lmfao

I really hate this pollution. Why mass transit and a recycling centers don't do away with it I don't understand. I don't build any factories, but this global warming is killing me.......lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken aka Batman
                    Damn confusing.........lmfao

I really hate this pollution. Why mass transit and a recycling centers don't do away with it I don't understand. I don't build any factories, but this global warming is killing me.......lol
                    hi ,

from the minute you get coal , global warming kicks in , ....

however , look in the editor , you shall see that public transport removes peoples pollution , recycling canter removes building pollution , just flag the two options for each , ....

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken aka Batman
                      well, think of large cities with great public transport (like, london, NYC, paris). the too have pollution.... but not as bad as delhi, mexico city, LA, lagos, etc.

as panag said, you can turn the flag on for different things

if you don't like the pollution at all and want to turn it off, go in the editor and remove pollution productivity of all factories and power stations. then, give all buildings you anyway build first (temples, marketplaces, etc.). also, go to the terrain menu and make sure that with the "pollution effect" pulldown is set to "none". you may still get a dirty spot from time to time, but at least it's strongly reduced and your terrain won't change.

unfortunatly, there's no possiblity to force the AI to clean up his mess immediatly ("clean up you pollution or the whole world will embargo you" ... is an often heard request for diplomaticy)
                      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• I get an error when trying to load modified games in Civ3 v1.29f. "DataIO operation System Error: TUTR"
                        Does anyone have a clue what this means and how to fix it?

Comment

• SGE ODD CRASH

I can't edit my civ3 save games! SGE closes when I try to load any civ3 .sav

And everytime I try to save an edited PTW .sav, SGE crashes with this message: "
                          Attached Files
                          Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SmegThis
                            I get an error when trying to load modified games in Civ3 v1.29f. "DataIO operation System Error: TUTR"
                            Does anyone have a clue what this means and how to fix it?
                            Are you using version 0.99.1?

Comment

• Originally posted by dasracht
                              So I guess the "Belongs to" feature doesnt change some value somewhere. Anyway, cheers for the replies and the memory jog =)
                              Probably...
                              I think there is a city conter per civ which I recenty have found. It might be to only thing missing to chang to change the owner of a city. I'll take a closer look at that possible counter (I've still not proven that it really is a counter. It has just seemd to have the correct values, and in the early game it does fit with the city count for the civs. However I've not taken a closer look at it yet. (Found it last weekend, and it was one of the least interesting things I found then)).

Was it the exaxt same city you gave back of just any city?

Could you test if it works with just any city or if it must be the city?

Comment

• Re: SGE ODD CRASH

Originally posted by SkalTur
                                I can't edit my civ3 save games! SGE closes when I try to load any civ3 .sav

And everytime I try to save an edited PTW .sav, SGE crashes with this message: "
                                Version of Civ3

Comment

Working...
                                X