Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - Unofficial Civilization 3 editor (third thread)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not sure how tha last turn thing works with PTW yet. I'm trying to find it out. But right now I'm in a more major addition to the sge. (Nothing announced yet thou)
    Cool, thanks for replying. For now I'll settle for just resetting the year to 2000 or something whenever I get to 2049. (Hopefully the year resetting tool works...I'll post again if it doesn't.) I look forward to a solution to PTW's last-turn issue.

Comment

- SGE: Bug with map-export from PTW saves corrected. Now no VP-locations appear all over the map.
      - SGE: Bug with pre-PTW file load (rusulting in crash on save) corrected
      - Map converter: Typo in ready to convert text corrected
      - Map converter: Added options: Coast Size and Sea Size (to allow size of coast and sea-tiles to separate from ocean)
      - Map converter: Added options: Minimum Sea Size and Minimum Ocean Size. These are the minimumnumber of tiles for water surrounded by land to be allowed to contain sea/ocean tiles
      - Map converter: Optimized the Coastbuilding function a little to make it faster.
      - Map converter: Optimized the Continent finder function
      - Added check on startup to see that the c3mt.dll is in the system directory.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Gramphos,

CMT is truly amazing. It is a tremendous boon to those of us who have the minds and attention to detail to make scenarios, but wouldn't be able to tell source code from the sumerian alphabet.

I rather imagine such an ambitious undertaking requires a bit of time and effort. However...

...have you ever considered taking it a step further and making a utility that allows the ignorant to produce ALL aspects of a god mod?

For example, what if CMT allowed you to:

1. Format existing image files to the fit the Civ requirements that they be used as leaderheads?

2. Allowed you to replace leaderheads with your own?

3. Helped with unit design and animation?

Obviously I'm not asking you to make a painting/animation software here. But maybe a converter to make pictures the right dimensions, etc?

Anyhow, just a thought. From a "layman's" perspective, that's all that's missing from CMT.

Keep up the good work.

You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
          - SGE: Bug with pre-PTW file load (rusulting in crash on save) corrected
          Thanks a bunch for the speedy fix Gramphos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
            (...)
            - Map converter: Typo in ready to convert text corrected
            - Map converter: Added options: Coast Size and Sea Size (to allow size of coast and sea-tiles to separate from ocean)
            - Map converter: Added options: Minimum Sea Size and Minimum Ocean Size. These are the minimumnumber of tiles for water surrounded by land to be allowed to contain sea/ocean tiles
            - Map converter: Optimized the Coastbuilding function a little to make it faster.
            - Map converter: Optimized the Continent finder function
            - Added check on startup to see that the c3mt.dll is in the system directory.
            Is it the one on the 1st page, if because it is, I don't see any of these upgrades!
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

• It's on the first page yes. (Not the full install, as it's only v0.99 but the small zip should be the upgrade to 0.99.1)

Comment

• Anyone have a link the the full version of .99? The posted one gives me a 404.

Comment

• My ftp access hasn't been restored since the Settler one crash yet. I'm still waiting for Markos to restor my folder (with the full setup and many other civ3 fiels).

Comment

• seems to be working now. Only fix I can see needed is when editing (via batch edit) enemy units (a bunch) I still get the city error.

Other then that it good.

Damn pollution really pisses me off though......lol

What's that little button next the pollution edit for?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken aka Batman
                      What's that little button next the pollution edit for?
                      IIRC it sums the building pollution from improvements, but I've not a clue about the real pollution algorithm.

Comment

• iirc the number of nuclear waste signs is the percentage of chance that a tile in your city radius gets polluted.

so a factory (2 pollution points (PollP)) and a large city (e.g. 4) gives you a 6 percent chance that each turn a tile need some serious cleaning
                        however, i'm not completely sure if this i calculated for the whole city (6% chance) or for each tile seperately: 1 - (1-0.06)^21 = 1- 0.94^21 = 72.3% possibility that at least one tile is infected ... this is a very large number... so i guess the PollPs are for the whole city...
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                          iirc the number of nuclear waste signs is the percentage of chance that a tile in your city radius gets polluted.

so a factory (2 pollution points (PollP)) and a large city (e.g. 4) gives you a 6 percent chance that each turn a tile need some serious cleaning
                          however, i'm not completely sure if this i calculated for the whole city (6% chance) or for each tile seperately: 1 - (1-0.06)^21 = 1- 0.94^21 = 72.3% possibility that at least one tile is infected ... this is a very large number... so i guess the PollPs are for the whole city...
                          hi ,

, and what about global warming / pollution , ....

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• i don't know how global warming happens in the game for you never know how many polluted tiles the AI has.

maybe one could start a game with 100 polluted tiles on an island noone will reach and see how many turns it takes to cause global warming
                            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
                              i don't know how global warming happens in the game for you never know how many polluted tiles the AI has.

maybe one could start a game with 100 polluted tiles on an island noone will reach and see how many turns it takes to cause global warming
                              hi ,

ones you have coal the sun is there , even with small cities and no factories you get pollution pop up's , ....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• Hello there, everybody.

It's been a while since I came here last. I can tell you I missed this thread and Civ3 (I didn't have time to play).

So... what's up? Gramphos, what about fixing that url in the first page for people to see your awesome work in C3MT?

Any news for Play The World?

Have you guys heard any gossip of Civ4??? Did I dream that? q: -))

Anyways, see ya.
                                Eu nunca tenho algo criativo para escrever aqui...

See this? You've just wasted 5 precious seconds of your life reading it.

Comment

Working...
                                X