MOD project: Pentagenesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum Fighter

A fighter that has dual flight capabilities. May also attack starships.

88% complete
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NeOmega; October 9, 2002, 06:17.
    Pentagenesis for Civ III
    Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
    Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Interceptor

Suited mostly for taking out other fighters, bombers or spacecraft.

88% complete
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NeOmega; October 9, 2002, 06:17.
      Pentagenesis for Civ III
      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Cycle Scout

I gave this guy a big gun with a tripod mount packed up on the back of his cycle..... but I am not sure how to animate him pulling it out, setting it up and using it.... he may just end up being a reconnaisance(sp) unit.

I have no idea how I am going to animate him, so I have no idea how far along I am.
        status unknown
        Attached Files
        Pentagenesis for Civ III
        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

I plan on hopefully making around 2 dozen more units:
          6-10 more mechas/RAVS, 4-6 more tanks/vehicles, 2 or 3 starships, 4-6 naval units, 2 or 3 more starfighters, a couple of artillery, and more infantry units.

But I am not going to start those until all these are at least 75% complete (that is basically death, default, run, attack, sounds and civilopedia text).

Here is a break down on units:
          Specialty:, like slashers, sniper, omega weapon etc, basically special force type units will have a -1 hp penalty.

RAV's:all terrain as road, perhaps other mobility features, Blitz.

Mechas:only 1 MP, but have a 1 HP bonus.

fighters vs bombers:no stealth, instead bombers/starships will have a 60% interception rate, whilst fighter/interceptor types will have a 25% interception rate.
          Aircraft vs. SpacecraftDifference is space craft will always have unlimited range, in all actions, bombard, recon, Interception and airdrop. Starships will have large carrying capacity, extra HP's, extra defense, heavy bombard.

UU's:Each nation will get a UU. Many different racial "UU's" will also be available. These will be available to all nations of that culture group (and usually two or three of the culture groups).
          In other words, slasher is available to all nations of Cyborg and Robotic culture, but the Crawler is available only to the Civ known as "The Level".
          Also, racial UU's may be strong and weak, meaning the cyborg slasher will cost 10 shields less than a robot slasher.
          The counterbalance could be no population cost for robot infantry, 1 for cyborg infantry, and two for the rest, with terrain food values sitting higher, but I have not play tested this concept yet.

Infantry:may cost a population point, but be cheaper. Not too sure on this yet.

tanks:will be the first to implement new weapons. This means plasma tank technology will come before plasma riflemen.

artillery:non-missile artillery wepons will have a max range of 1. Except perhaps large stationary plasma cannon. These will not have any form of lethal bombardment.
          Missile artillery weapons may have a range of up to three, and may or may not have lethal bombardment.
          Last edited by NeOmega; September 24, 2002, 07:12.
          Pentagenesis for Civ III
          Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

looking cool
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

That looks great!
              For your photo needs:
              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

hmmm.....

ill fill this later
                Last edited by NeOmega; September 25, 2002, 00:23.
                Pentagenesis for Civ III
                Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

????

fill this later too
                  Last edited by NeOmega; September 25, 2002, 00:33.
                  Pentagenesis for Civ III
                  Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Confederacy

I haven't tested whether the ai will use it correctly yet, but here is how it works

1) Max rate of 5

2) 4 extra "forbidden palaces" (allowed only under confederacy)
                    these are all named like Confederat Courthouse, Confederate Senate, etc...., these each have a unique bonus too, but I havent decided whether or not it will be small wonder type bonus or city improvement bonus.

3)rampant corruption (to simulate no real power of a central government to exert taxes or policy)

4)Free units
                    2 for town
                    3 for city
                    4 for metropolis
                    after that upkeep cost of 2
                    This is to simulate the idea of each state having it's own defense, but no real central army.

5)High war weariness.
                    This is to simulate no state really wanting to die for another's cause.

6)No hurrying production, no drafting, no police... also to simulate no real central authority.

7)standard trade bonus and worker rate of 3, this is to simulate the localization of wealth.

8) stronger than democracy in most modifiers due to tolerance, but 0% chance of assimilation, also due to the tolerance. (by tolerance I mean the ability of people to rule themselves locally)

9)Diplomats are veteran, from working amongst the various states.

Of course this all hinges on whether the Ai would no where to place the various capitals.... which I don't think it can.... , but anyways, tell me what you think!
                    Attached Files
                    Pentagenesis for Civ III
                    Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Fascism

Also in my mod I'd like fascism... which I simply consider rule through fear.

1) The only real disadvantage is it's forced labor rush, and gets the standard tile penalty, to simulate fear driven laborers.

2) other than that it is quite efficient, I have corruption as minimal (when it's rule by fear, he who gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar gets his head cut off :P)

3)free units: 3 for town, 6 for city, 12 for metropolis.

4)no war weariness, 3 drafts, 6 mp

6)rate cap of 5 also, to discourage high technological innovation, the real object of this govt is mobilization for war.

7) I forgot to add the diplomats are a little untrustworthy, and hard to compromise with, conscript, but the spies, are from the "Father" of all police states, and are elite.
                      Good for the fascist civ too, since money cant be spent on improvements,

only prob is that tile penalty, which is really no small hit.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NeOmega; September 25, 2002, 00:32.
                      Pentagenesis for Civ III
                      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

3rd govt.... collective central/order advanced.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by NeOmega; January 5, 2003, 17:28.
                        Pentagenesis for Civ III
                        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

4th government collective localized/chaotic, advanced.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by NeOmega; January 5, 2003, 17:29.
                          Pentagenesis for Civ III
                          Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

The 5 races will each have one major trait, every nation of this race will have it's racial trait plus a minor trait. Theri will also be a "master race" that has only it's own trait, plus expansionist (a very weak trait in this mod due to early fast units, aircraft etc. The advantage will be it will have an extra UU to emphasize it's trait.

Robotic=Industrial
                            Tireless bodies work day in and out to improve themselve.
                            Master UU=Worker Drone

Cyborg=Commercial
                            Always looking for good deals, spare parts and organs.
                            Master UU=Freightstar
                            ?MP UU=Cargo?

Human=Scientific
                            The existance of the other four races began with this races' ingenuity, plus the advances they are first to discover, help themselves in the long run, as they must metamorphisize to a new race.
                            Master UU=sabateur

Clone=Religious/Social
                            I will rename the trait to Social. Clones think and act for the good of each other.
                            Master UU = Soldier Clones

Mutant=Militaristic
                            Constant in fighting amongst this race has created a survival of the fittest mentality. Many immortal warrior mutants have been
                            bred, and need something to do.

Master UU = Commander.

The Major traits are set in stone. MP UU means multiplayer UU, as I am considering making a MP set of rules and an AI set of rules, so unique units may be used correctly. The master UU's are not set in stone.

Here is a look at a cyborg city.........
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by NeOmega; October 10, 2002, 08:51.
                            Pentagenesis for Civ III
                            Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

mutant city

note the "entertainers"
                              Attached Files
                              Pentagenesis for Civ III
                              Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

I see a nurse and something else...
                                How did you do them?
                                The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                                X