No announcement yet.

MOD project: Pentagenesis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is... I lack words... Maybe the most fantastic mod ever done! NeOmega, are you doing all the work by yourself?

I'm sure you'll find enough volunteers for testing here!

Originally posted by NeOmega

(I'm thinking of making one of the clone leaders a 400 year old woman in a brand new 4 year old body)

Mutants can look anywhere from pretty normal, to incredibly grotesque.
    In the movie "Total Recall" I saw a woman with 3 breasts. Really strange... Can you make a leaderhead like that?

Comment

This is... I lack words... Maybe the most fantastic mod ever done! NeOmega, are you doing all the work by yourself?
      Pretty much, allthough I snatch up any futuristic units when I get the chance.

Not my preference, next mod will have more help I hope.... unfortunately this one is not based on anything anyone would recognize, since it is based on original concepts (ie it's not star wars), so since I am the only one that knows about the pentagenesis universe, (I really make it up as I go along ) I am stuck doing this alone.

first age tech tree, missing lots of stuff, but lay out is final
      Attached Files
      Last edited by NeOmega; January 21, 2003, 07:05.
      Pentagenesis for Civ III
      Pentagenesis for Civ IV in progress
      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

In the movie "Total Recall" I saw a woman with 3 breasts. Really strange... Can you make a leaderhead like that?
        doubt it. you know I know this great website that was just talking about the exact same thing......

Anyways, leaderheads prolly will not happen.....

1) they are enormous files. A leader head is 70-80 megs, while all 20 of my new units so far are under 50 megs.
        2) I don't have poser

In game leaderheads will be static flics for sure.
        However, If I feel the desire to, I will probably make full body animated "leaderheads" after release.

cyborg city with organ lab (blue), focitower (dark purple, center) and Megabank (left)
        Attached Files
        Pentagenesis for Civ III
        Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

This is the most impressive mod I've ever seen. Can't wait to play. (But while you're waiting, try my mod - shameless plug, sorry.)
          - "A picture may be worth a thousand words, but it still ain't a part number." - Ron Reynolds
          - I went to Zanarkand, and all I got was this lousy aeon!
          - "... over 10 members raised complaints about you... and jerk was one of the nicer things they called you" - Ming

Comment

Wow, this is just....WOW! Never have I seen such total commitment and completion in a total conversion before . About those leaderheads, if you want animated ones I suggest you contact sween32. He makes amazing leaderheads (with Poser, I assume). You should check out his Orc leaderhead in the CivIII files forum.

Question time: Are you planning on modding the Railroads so that they are similar to the SMAC magtubes? They might give a bit of realism to the infinite movement, and are also pretty cool.

Umm, can't think of anymore questions. I can't wait till you publically release this thing. I don't normally play mods, but as a sci-fi guy I can't help but want to play it. (It's almost like a TBS version of Command & Conquer).
            I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

I don't have time for the magrails..... It will be a the RR's with shadows to make them look like el-tracks.

I started to do a pair of half pipes with beams supporting them, sort of like one of the pictures I have up on this thread, but I found that trying to get 252 rail tiles to match up along the edges and look right would take forever, and I am trying to get this released by Feb 28th. I tried, and made about 24 tiles that looked pretty good before I realized I could end up taking a month alone just doing the RR tiles. Ive never seen the SMAC railtubes because I never played it. (I hear it was good)
              I have seen Sweens leaderheads, but he is really busy, and I really have no concepts for him to go off of, plus AFAIK he uses pre-made models. I am leaning towards banners, or perhaps full body leaderheads (to use body language as opposed to facial features to portray attitude) maybe a couple of council scenes (a group of peopel around a table).... I am not too sure yet, all though I have the ten initial nations figured out. (two for each race)

Also, I never played C&C..... honestly I think this has mostly battletech undertones, which I played a bit over a decade ago.
              Pentagenesis for Civ III
              Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Like I said, this is very cool. A couple of questions though if you have time.

Why February 28? Anything special associated with that date? Or maybe you are going to spend all your time with MoO3 thereafter?

Secondly, kind of a suggestion from a person who has never done any modding, and has no idea how it is done in the first place: doesn't SMAC use the same picture format for tile improvements as Civ3? I mean if somebody has it, they could probably send you the file which contains magrails, so that you could use it for civ3? Or would that not work / be some violation of a license?
                XBox Live: VovanSim
                xbox.com (login required)
                Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                Spore page

Comment

If SMAC uses the 16x16 rail grid i'd use it.
                  nothing is really violation of license...... but especially any SMAC graphics, since SMAC was made by Firaxis.
                  I chose a date because if I didn't I would probably never release because of the perfectionist in me.
                  Pentagenesis for Civ III
                  Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

This mod looks awesome, and I'm sure you know that, but as a scenario maker I know that feedback helps make the creator work harder. So hence, I have written feedback.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Thanks I needed that.
                      Right Now I'm working on giving the 10 powers/factions/colonists, personality.

Senator Halea of the Cydonians
                      Scientific, Social, Human, Government.
                      (static leaderhead)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by NeOmega; February 2, 2003, 20:21.
                      Pentagenesis for Civ III
                      Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

So each new civ will have a primary trait based on race, and a secondary trait unique to the two different nations within that race? Just wanted to be sure I got this right.
                        Whew! I'm back and ready to start writing again.
                        Coming soon: Pax America Redux (Including concepts/civs from Conquests)

Comment

there are five races,

cyborgs will always be commercial + other
                          Clones will always be social + other
                          Humans will always be Scientific + other
                          Humatons will always be Industrious + other
                          Mutants will be Militaristic + other

This makes 30 combinations, (5x6)
                          for instance
                          cyborgs are always commercial
                          6 cyborg nations
                          commercial + militaristic = Neakuza
                          commercial + industrious = later release
                          commercial + Scientific = later release
                          commercial + Expansionist = Whitestar
                          commercial + Social = Outer Union
                          commercial = The Level

the difference between the nations will be Unique Units, and the similarities will be 1 unique racial unit per age, plus other racially unique buildings and resources.

Frontier Order
                          Militaristic, Industrious, Humaton, Government
                          Attached Files
                          Pentagenesis for Civ III
                          Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

here is alook at an animated leaderhead I have finished...... I have only made two, and I am not sure how many more I will make... more than likely most leaderheads will be static... I already have a few statics made up.

A little about the Neakuza........

#RACE_NEAKUZA
                            ^The Neakuza is a $LINK
                            $LINK organization that rose out of the ancient Yakuza, the outlawing of many popular pastimes such as drugs and gaming help propel the Yakuza from a dying Japanese underworld crime organization to a galactic cyborg black market corporation, complete with underworld stock, contracts, and a standing army.
                            The colony ship sent to Sona Prime came under the flag of Bank Goraku, which was brought down on Earth 10 years later for money laundering for the Neakuza. The $LINK was fooled into believing the Colony ship was just cyborgs who owed indentured loans to the bank, (now owed to Pax Eternia), and not an arm of the Neakuza attempting to extend its reach into the far reaches of the habited galaxy to set up shop in black market goods. ^It is said the Neakuza is just one of the many organizations run by the Dark Shogun of
                            the underworld. Now with the collapse of Pax Eternia the Neakuza is openly flaunting the Galactic Mandates, and seemingly taking joy in watching the reaction of the Frontier Order.
                            ^The mission of the Neakuza is to build a trading post on Sona Prime through which goods can be moved from the outer galaxy to the inner galaxy freely, and to harness enough political power on the planet to keep the market flowing as free as possible.
                            Now that galactic law has virtually disintegrated, and power is the only order that exists, the Neakuza is certainly ready to become a large galactic power, considering it has abode by the concept of absolute power and loyalty for millenia.

these are frames 1, 61, and 121 of cyborg dude who rules Neakuza....
                            Attached Files
                            Pentagenesis for Civ III
                            Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Damn, I guess I'll have to buy Civ3 to get to play this...
                              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

100% complete

blitz drone
                                Early offensive unit. Probably 2/1/1. Drone weapon (+1 cost, no maintenance, requires silicon)
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by NeOmega; February 19, 2003, 07:33.
                                Pentagenesis for Civ III
                                Pentagenesis Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X