No announcement yet.

Fall of Rome scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you please release the scenario, as a beto version, just to get a taste of it. Please!!
    My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
    My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

I will soon then

it's still pretty buggy, and I have a lot of placeholder art still.

also, it's not that fun to play, since without events or pre-set diplomacy the realism and enjoyability of the scenario quickly fades after 2500BC or so (no setting dates either sadly)
      Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

At least we will have flat maps in the expansion. Thats for sure now, however as you see the user reactions, we all prefer the diplo settings.
        Still thx for the flat maps at least.

Comment

Call me a blind optimist, but I'm still expecting Firaxis to put pre-set diplomacy in.

So I'm heavily testing again. This time, I (West Romans) declared war on all German tribes, and the Huns. And boy, did I get my ass kicked!! In the end, I had only 1 city in Italy left (Rome), 2 in Africa (Hippo Regius and Carthago), and 4 mediterenean islands (but not Sicily). So I lost my 2 key cities in Italy (Ravenna and Milan), and after all the sieges, Rome was only a size 7 city (from 16 or so). Furthermore, when I tried to make peace, they demanded that I'd give them a city! The AI was really impressive, to say the least.

My playtesting as the West Romans (on Deity) is almost done. Some things were rather weird though (Persian & Armenian settlers in Morocco). And the Vandals need to be made a tad stronger. Also, I've decided to create a seperate scenario file for each playable civ.

Anyway, about a thread on Civfanatics. If you want to start one, be my guest. but I'm no regular there, nor do I know the community.

Comment

Hey Marcus, I will start a thread there about your awesome scenario!
            My friend Gorgoroth [ from the civfanatics board], is planning to make a medieval scenario. The game will focus on the mongol invasion. so the game will start in around 1200. He wanna make it BIG, so all European Kingdoms will be in + North Africa + part of Asia.

I guess that will kick ass too, however he is waiting for the PTW expansion first.

Comment

Hey Marcus, I will start a thread there about your awesome scenario!
              thanks indeed!

My friend Gorgoroth [ from the civfanatics board], is planning to make a medieval scenario. The game will focus on the mongol invasion. so the game will start in around 1200. He wanna make it BIG, so all European Kingdoms will be in + North Africa + part of Asia.
              sounds promising

is he planning to use a huge map (180x180 or bigger)? At first, I wanted to make it that big, but I doubt it would be playable.

Anyway, it also sucks we can only have 16 civs. It's way better than the 7 from Civ2, but I'd prefer 32. That way, I could have made a seperate civ for the Alans and Picts, among others. Oh well, can't have it all

Comment

32 playable will be possible in PtW, from what I've heard.

Comment

is that confirmed?

Comment

Actually, what I heard was wrong.

This per Mike Breitkreutz:

The default number of civs in the single-player game will not be changed in PTW. Thus, you can have 4, 6, 8, 12, or 16 civs (including the human player), depending on world size. Using the editor, you can increase the number of civs allowed on any world size to 31 (including the human player).
                    For multiplayer, we are still working on determining the max. civs allowed but it will be no more than 8.

Note that the barbarians are not taken into account in any of the above statements; if you consider the barbarians a civ, then add 1 to each of the previous numbers.

Comment

sweet!

31! amazing!!

Comment

first 16 civs are:

west romans, byzantines, persians, armenians, huns, vandals, sueves, lombards, burgundians, franks, saxons, britons, celts, visigoths, ostrogoths, germans (filler civ)

if we indeed get 31 civs, then:

franks split in: salien franks, ripurian franks, thuringians
                        vandals split in: vandals, alans
                        celts split in: hibernians/celts, picts
                        lombards in: lombards, alemanni
                        germans in: germans, avars/alans, sarmatians, balti, venedi, slavs/heruli/rugi

still room left any ideas?

I could split the saxons, but there internal struggles weren't as fundamental as the ones between the various frankish kingdoms, who constantly fought amongst themselves (even at the battle of chalons, two groups fought on oposite sides).

Comment

Yupp Marcus, thats why my friend is waiting for PTW. He wanna implent all kingdoms/empires.

Hey why you think that the bigger maps will be unplayable?

Hmm nice list what you have there as civs Marcus.
                          However avars/alans, sarmatians, balti, venedi, slavs/heruli/rugi are not germanic tribes for sure.

I think you should add the Scythians!!!! I will think about more.

Comment

Hey why you think that the bigger maps will be unplayable?
                            Slow turns, and extreme micromanagement. There will be lots of cities and units on the map, which will slow down the game dramatically (just try to play a normal civ3 game in the modern age). Also, if you play as the Romans, you will have so many units and cities under your command, that it would be nearly unplayable. Extreme micromanagement.

However avars/alans, sarmatians, balti, venedi, slavs/heruli/rugi are not germanic tribes for sure.
                            I know, but when I'm limited to 16 civs, I have to put them all together under a common name.

I think you should add the Scythians!!!! I will think about more.
                            I was thinking about it, but at the start of the scenario (420AD), they were already conquered by the Huns. I don't think they ever aquired their own independent kingdom of importance after that either.

Comment

Yes, but
                              - You can modify the movent points of a unit. That way the map wont be that big.
                              - Micromanagement. Yeap this is quite hard, but those empires owned a lot cities, so it will be realistic. Also it could be balanced by modifying terrain statistics etc.
                              That map wont be that big for like 30 civs trust me!

Oh I think you are right about the Scythians. However you could use some Scythian UUs for the Huns. Its a fact that the Hun army contained Scythian Warriors too.
                              [The Huns army contained a lot different units later, like germans etc.]

Comment

Just as I expected, it's been confirmed that there won't be an option to set diplomacy, nor the ability to impliment any sort of events or scripting in the PtW editor. Sorry guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X