No announcement yet.

Fall of Rome scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting! Damn I cant wait to get the PTW expansion hehe.

Comment

Hey Marcus are you sure that we can set the diplo settings in PtW? Check out this thread on Civfanatics:

Guys are saying we cant set the diplo settings! I hope its not true!

Comment

I'm praying it's not true It will make me quit playing civ3 altogether
        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Yea that would be a real pain. I thought its sure that the new expansion will include this addition! I mean this is a major part of scen. making, it will be a disaster if they wont put it in!

Comment

wow, that looks like a good idea. i would love to try it out. it would be great to, as an emperor, hold off the barbarian hordes.

Comment

I'll repeat what I said at that thread over at CFC:

Chances are extreme that the PtW editor will be nearly identical to the 1.29f one. Mike had only a month to work on PtW's editor after 1.29f was finished.

So, in other words, unless you believe that Mike can do 3 times as much as he did for 1.29f in 1/3 of the time, don't get your hopes up on getting Diplomacy, events, or time change. One thing Jeff did mention is that turns would have the option of going by "number", so instead of 3500 BC, you'd have "Turn 12".

But that's it.

Comment

They could have been working on two editors at once. The engine was changed in a few significant ways in PTW.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                  I'll repeat what I said at that thread over at CFC:

Chances are extreme that the PtW editor will be nearly identical to the 1.29f one. Mike had only a month to work on PtW's editor after 1.29f was finished.

So, in other words, unless you believe that Mike can do 3 times as much as he did for 1.29f in 1/3 of the time, don't get your hopes up on getting Diplomacy, events, or time change. One thing Jeff did mention is that turns would have the option of going by "number", so instead of 3500 BC, you'd have "Turn 12".

But that's it.
                  Damnit......So mainly the editor WONT have any really new features? As I saw in the features :
                  Enhanced Scenario Editor, including new unit and tile sets lets players construct a Scenario from any time period.

So only new tile sets and units than? But we can make those already! Its nothing new........
                  I thought 'enchanced' means that it will have a lot unique features as well. Sighs..........

Seriously if we cant set diplo. settings, I see no point to make historical scenarios at all, since it is impossible that way. Also it would be a lot more fun to pre-set the diplo settings, because it could bring a lot new 'good experience' to the games.
                  I guess Firaxis should think about this a little........

Comment

PtW has already made beta, which means that there's no new features, and no turning back. All they'll do now is fix bugs that the testers find.

You'll be able to load tile and unit sets into the editor, instead of having to manually change each graphics file for the unit, so it will be easier to create new units (no need to edit a bunch of ini files, etc.), but that and the turn # change is about all I see as far as significant changes to the editor.

Comment

any news on a new patch then, with additional editor functions?

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                        PtW has already made beta, which means that there's no new features, and no turning back. All they'll do now is fix bugs that the testers find.

You'll be able to load tile and unit sets into the editor, instead of having to manually change each graphics file for the unit, so it will be easier to create new units (no need to edit a bunch of ini files, etc.), but that and the turn # change is about all I see as far as significant changes to the editor.
                        OMG.......so there is no hope at all.
                        The new features are damn good, but I STILL dont get it, that why is this important feature isnt in the editor for a looooooooong time.....
                        Also what I told you. We already were able to import new units. Now it will be easier, thats all, But we never was able to modify diplomacy...thats why I am pissed, and Im sure that a LOT other peeps too.
                        So the new editor is and

The main problem is that, MAYBE it will be included with a later patch but the patches are coming out damn slowly, so this way we wont be able to set diplomatic stuff before 2003....or maybe 2002 winter.

Comment

from what i heard, patch 1.29 was the last patch for civIII. This scenario sounds amazing. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Civfan...
                          Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I was hoping for all those features with 1.29f, and after they weren't included, I did some research, and I don't want you guys to get your hopes up too much. Like I said, it's not 100%, but I repeat, unless you expect 1 man to do three times as much work in one third the time, then don't expect much more than I talked about.

Comment

Its ok Trip. But I hope you see our point. This is an important feature and it still wont be in the editor.

Comment

I'm sure they'll add it at a later stage then, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X