Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GRAPHIC: zulu9812's units_32.pcx icon sheet with 200+ icons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right at the start. I've tried going back to an ordinary one, which works, except if I've changed it in some way.

Comment

Zulu thanks a lot!! This is really a great idea and saves a lot of time searching for unit icons (as some units dont have them included). Good work!

Comment

GeneralTacticus, I came across similar problems when I first started messing around with the units_32 file way back in January. I'm pretty sure that it's because you haven't added a unit properly, or you didn't change the icons in civedit properly, or something else. however, I concede that it might be because some of the icons overlap. If you could do tell me which icons (name of unit + icon number) you are using for units that crash the game, I can test it.
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Let's see...

I used the Modern Infantry icon at 233.

I added 3 aircraft icons (from the F-14 & F-18 units at CFC) from 242-244.

I used the Jet Bomber icon at 412, the Attack Chopper icon at 418, the B-1b icon at 419, and the A-Bomb icon at 506.

Comment

Great work...

Just one thing. I added a bunch of units, including nonnob's wehrmacht, reiter, smoking mirror's iron frigate, etc. I used your units 32 and it worked fine. However, for some reason it stopped working in my current game (I just researched combustion, to give you an idea), and now all the icons show up as the "Great Leader" image instead of what they are supposed to be. Any idea why this would suddenly happen?

Doesn't crash the game or anything...and I saved and reloaded, and it was the same way.
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Oh, and when can we expect a PTW version?
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

When he gets it, I assume, because it will just take about 5 minutes of work. I would do it, if my computer didn't have such a fear of .pcx files. (Also if I had PTW)
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Warrior
                  When he gets it, I assume, because it will just take about 5 minutes of work. I would do it, if my computer didn't have such a fear of .pcx files. (Also if I had PTW)
                  I have PTW and I'd love to make this file PTW compatible. Unfortunately, however, I don't know how to edit .PCX files, or have the slightest understanding of the code contained within them.

Assuming that this would be just a simple cut and paste job, is there some utility out there that I can use that can magically transform this gibberish ( SÙ Ù ÿ¸´ý¦£û”’ù‚÷ppõ^_óLNóJJÚBCÁ:<¨25*.v"'] D@ ž) into something that I can actually understand?
                  ...gonna shoot me some lobster-backs

Comment

Zulu's has just updated his icon unit file for PTW (boy that was fast!). Good work!
                    ...gonna shoot me some lobster-backs

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
                      yeah, I remeber you going on ages ago about how someone should do this...
                      Yeah I tried, but You do. Good work again.
                      Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                      religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                      X