For Mike B: If it's possible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Mike B: If it's possible...

As well as having a gov specific building, it would be nice to be able to select a gov type that can't build or use a particular improvement. For example, it doesn't seem right that a Communist government should get any benefits from a Cathedral. So I would like to have the option of making that particular building work with all other government types but that one.

Also, when it comes to Luxury resources, it would be great to have the option of making it disappear with a particular technological advance. For instance you research Ecology, and Furs disappear from the map, and no longer have any happiness effect on your people. But another luxury would appear and take it's place, though not necessarily where you need it to be! It would make maintaining the happiness of our empires a much more dynamic endeavour.

Re: For Mike B: If it's possible...

Originally posted by Willem
    As well as having a gov specific building, it would be nice to be able to select a gov type that can't build or use a particular improvement. For example, it doesn't seem right that a Communist government should get any benefits from a Cathedral.
    Why not? Communist USSR placed a lot of importance and funding into the theatres, as a way of keepig the populatioon happy. I imagine they did the same thing with churches and cathedrals. As far as I know, religion wasn't banned in the USSR as it is in China.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Re: Re: For Mike B: If it's possible...

Originally posted by zulu9812

Why not? Communist USSR placed a lot of importance and funding into the theatres, as a way of keepig the population happy. I imagine they did the same thing with churches and cathedrals. As far as I know, religion wasn't banned in the USSR as it is in China.
      Yes it was, the Communists expropriated all of the churches lands and outlawed it and during the Stalinist purges, church members were one of the first targets. Later they sometimes tolerated small, local gatherings of believers, but at first they made every attempt to stamp out religion completely. That's one of the main tenets of Marxist theory, and any nation that becomes Communist inevitably follows that path, at least according to it's laws. They might turn a blind eye to individuals practising their faith, but an organized church can't be allowed.

Comment

It would also be nice if we could have a civilization availability tag for improvement/wonders like with units.

That way we could have civilizations that could build mosques and ones that couldn't. Would be really useful for scenarios.....

Comment

Hey Willem - you corrected my spelling in that quote!
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

He corrected "populatioon" but not "keepig".

"The key pig is the primary inhabitant of Populutia...."

Comment

You're observant! After I noticed it, I figured that since I was there anyway, I'd fix it. It was kind of a knee-jerk reaction really, since I'm so used to checking and fixing my own spelling. It's just something I'm fussy about.

Comment

Working...
              X