No announcement yet.

Amazon.com reviews and strategy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conquests was 10 bucks at Amazon about a month ago.

The poor people who I've told that to recently... alas, I remember their faces well...

Comment

This kind of phenomena of scrusb playing game in a totally wrong and baffling way exists in every kind of game genres.

hardcore UT/quake players laugh @ how scrubs play for example because its played with so lil thought and sooo in a wrong way.

this is especially worst in fighter game genres.
      :-p

Comment

Lord god.... I didn't think I'd ever see this thread resurrected from the abyss.

As for a newbie FAQ, it wouldn't be a bad idea...
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

To be honest, my problems lie with killing enough AI in time. And now that I've stepped down in map size and started ramping up through the ranks again, that may change soon too :P

Random picks don't help much, mind you

Expansionist Zulu with random barbs bringing no huts...mmm
          It's all my territory really, they just squat on it...!
          She didn't declare war on me, she's just playing 'hard to get'...

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
            Lord god.... I didn't think I'd ever see this thread resurrected from the abyss.

As for a newbie FAQ, it wouldn't be a bad idea...
            This thread was when I got the idea for "Winning Early" and then the Must Read threads, where it is, of course, included... I still laugh at the image of Catt reading the reviews in a boring Friday afternoon meeting.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Hehehe, the Amazon... aham... "reviews"... are really good.

That's an opportunity to invite all these guys to visit your forum and clarify them many basic doubts, besides a FAQ. Patience is a virtue with noobs, and sometimes you see some of these guys turn into really interested players.

Although some of them seem to be not interested in learning about Civ3...

Many are too deep in real-time strategy. Turn-based is fun... strategy in its purest state. Hehehehe

Really nice topic.
              Civ3Brasil Moderator. The best Civ3 site & forum for Brazil & Portugal. A proud partner of Apolyton. Visit Civ3Brasil
              ----
              A new civilization for your C3C!!!
              Full official C3B Brazilian Civilization. Download Now!

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                yeah ... you just need to get used to the different tactics required.

I was stuck struggling on Chieftain for ages, but now I find Regent fairly easy.

can you give me some details on how to start at regent or emperor level?
                i really can't manage to defeat the Ai regardless of my efforts so far!!!!
                tell me what to do step by step at the beginning of a match.......
                what to build first in the capital ,when the right time of creatinn a second city a second settler,how many military units to build etc,etc..........

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by kiurkugord
                  Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                  yeah ... you just need to get used to the different tactics required.

I was stuck struggling on Chieftain for ages, but now I find Regent fairly easy.

can you give me some details on how to start at regent or emperor level?
                  i really can't manage to defeat the Ai regardless of my efforts so far!!!!
                  tell me what to do, step by step ,at the beginning of a match.......
                  what to build first in the capital ,when it is the right time of creating a second city, a second settler,how many military units to build etc,etc..........

Comment

kiurkugord, start with the basics, here:

The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                    X