No announcement yet.

A list of things never to do!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only add cities that are listed in the city list within the Civ tab in the editor. I find that this causes the game to crash.

Althought not a bug, but a pain in the butt, don't forgot to place a palace in one of your cities, unless you like 100% corruption.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew_Jay
      I got around it by putting all Medieval Techs in the "none" age. That way you'll never get those buildings (you weren't supposed to get out of the ancient age anyway).

Another thing not to do is to indiscriminately delete all of the techs, even if you're not using them. I did this in the same scenario because, again, it was to be ancient only, and I wanted to clean out my lists of stuff to make editing easier. This is rather a stupid mistake looking back, because it made EVERYTHING possible. There was no longer a prerequisite for railroads or the such. Luckily I had deleted all the units I didn't want (which causes no problems at all, unlike deleting improvements).
      you can play though even with lots of techs removed, as lond as you fix the requirements for all those things you mentioned.

Funny thing is, if you delete ancient advances (like the wheel) for a modern day scenario, and you play it, your sid advisor tells you about discovering the wonderful round and turning wheel, or the wonders of pottery and storing food, when your just interested in tanks...

Comment

Be careful with Flat maps (Civ3 multi-tool). Can cause game crashes.

-Zen
        FARSCAPE......................

Comment

Don’t give naval units (with the possible exception of transport) the airlift capability – it won’t crash the game but the whole idea is ridiculous!
          What about Paradropping Ships!! (Remember Civ2?)

On a more serious note: never place your first city on a flooded plains - specially if it is just your second Civ3 game...

Best regards,
          :::::::::::::
          Craftsman
          :::::::::::::

Comment

Originally posted by Craftsman

What about Paradropping Ships!! (Remember Civ2?)

On a more serious note: never place your first city on a flooded plains - specially if it is just your second Civ3 game...

Best regards,

why not?

Comment

Working...
            X