X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming Units Question - Calling All Experts

Rename Unit

Renames the selected unit.

IMPORTANT NOTE: the name of the unit is how the game identifies the necessary graphics and control files required to display the unit in the game. If you rename the unit in the editor YOU MUST rename the unit's directory (\ART\UNITS\UNITNAME\) as well as the INI file that controls the animations files (\ART\UNITS\UNITNAME\UNITNAME.ini).

OK, fine...
    1. where are these?
    2. will altering these screw the whole game up?
    "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

1. look in the Civilizations III folder
    2. not if you name them corectly, it must be exactly what you named the unit.
    you can make a new folder and copy the ini only this will not mess up other .bics
    Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
    in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
    3D Unit tutorial
    My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

Specifically, look in Civilization 3/Art/Units...each unit has it's own folder within this directory. Rename the unit folder and the .ini file inside the folder. You don't need to rename anything else.

If you downloaded a new unit, you can use sounds for it from existing units. Open the .ini and scroll down to the section for the sound files. Then you can type (as an example) ..\Panzer\PanzerRun.wav to use the Panzer run sounds (or whatever unit sounds you want to use for your new unit).

Hope this helps.
      No comment.

Comment

OK, will try
        "Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you." No they don't! They're just nerve stapled.

i like ibble blibble

Comment

Working...
        X