Fighters / Jet Fighters not protecting the skies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters / Jet Fighters not protecting the skies

I am currently embroiled in a masive world war thanks to everyong having MPPs and France starting an unprovoked war over a small town. The problem is America and Zululand (My two largest bordering Civs) are bombing the heck out of my border cities and my fighters / jet fighters seem to be afraid to do anything about it. I have set them all on Air Superiority and although my opponents fighters are effectively attacking my bombing runs, mine just sit in base and hide when their bombers come over. This has happened for well over 10 turns now... not a single instance of an attempt at an intercept on my part.

I have watched carefully and their bombers are within the 1/2 range of my fighters (many times just one and two squares from my cities), yet my air force remains passive. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong? BTW - still playing version 1.07f. Does 1.21f address this issue? Please advise.

thanks
    You have not converted a man merely because you have silenced him.

1.07 had an air combat bug that that was fixed in the first patch. Leave the beta version behind, and upgrade to 1.21.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

1.07 had an air combat bug that that was fixed in the first patch. Leave the beta version behind, and upgrade to
      Thanks (!!) SpencerH... appreciate the help. I will do just that.
      You have not converted a man merely because you have silenced him.

Comment

hi ,

i still have to see the first "dog fight" , but , i now know that playing as the US with the f15 gave me some airpower , aldo , sometimes the enemy gets true , i even heard on the forums that its possible to bomb a wonder into ashes , that i have to see for my self do !!!

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Never seen my fighters in action

I have seen my bombers get shot down several times. Once I even saw one of my bombers destroy the fighter--only once.

But I've never seen any animation of my fighters shooting down enemy bombers. I have noticed via the Military Advisor screen that my enemies have lost some bombers, but I've never seen any animation that showed my fighters shooting them down.

I have seen animations of enemy bombers apparenly getting the 'bombing run failed' message because none of my improvements were destroyed, but again, HAS ANYONE OUT THERE EVER SEEN THEIR FIGHTERS/JET FIGHTERS SHOOT DOWN AN ENEMY BOMBER??????????

(sorry for yelling, but I want to know!)
          "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

i believe so, yes
            1.21 off course

do you put them on ' air superiorety?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yes, my fighters were on Air Supieriority missions.
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

In my last game my mighty egyptian fighters shot down a lot of french bombers.

So yes, it does work. (put them on air superiority)

Comment

with 1.21 it all works fine. Are you using a mod?
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

How many fighters do you need to successfully defend a city and surrounding areas?

Will just 1 fighter per city do it, or does it depend upon how many bombers they throw at you--1 fighter per bomber attack?

Comment

i think you need one fighter per bomber they
                      throw at you. I.E. if you have 1 fighter, it can only defend once.
                      (same way canons etc. work when on defence)

have fun
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                      X