This Mod consists of three (3) files:
    (1) The .bic and .txt files
    (2) The city screen and units .pcx files
    (3) The new Wonder Splashes (c/o mizaq)

***Abridged Readme***

New Techs (15):

Ancient Era (4) -

Logic - available with Alphabet, allows Mathematics
    Trade - available with Writing and Mathematics, allows diplomats, RoPs, MAs, and Comm. trading
    The Polis X- available with Philosophy and Literature, new govt
    Seafaring - available with Map Making

Middle Ages (2) -

Constitutional Monarchy X - available with Education, new govt.
    Govt Religion X - available with Printing Press, allows Fundamentalist govt

Industrial Era (5) -

Liberalism - allows Social Democracy
    Conscription - available with Nationalism, allows conscription of units
    Guerrilla Warfare X - available with Espionage and Conscription
    Social Democracy X - available with Liberalism and Industrialism, new govt.
    Radar X - available with Advanced Flight

Modern Era (4)

Democracy - new govt
    Refrigeration - available with Ecology
    Plastics - available with Recycling
    Modern Tactics - available with Computers, Rocketry, and Nuclear Power

Changes to Techs:

-Mathematics requires Logic and Writing
    -Monotheism now available with Mysticism (not required for era advancement/14)
    -Masonry not required for Mathematics
    -Literature now required for era advancement
    -Construction requires Masonry, Iron Working, and Mathematics
    -Theology now starting tech for Middle Ages
    -Chivalry now requires Theology and Feudalism
    -Printing Press now required for era advancement
    -Democracy now called Political Theory (required for era advancement)
    -Economics now required for era advancement
    -Chemistry now requires Invention only
    -Gunpowder now requires Chemistry
    -Metallurgy now requires Gunpowder only
    -Communism now available with Nationalism and Industrialization

New Units (17):

-Eastern Spearman (Bronze Working; 1/2/1; 20)
    -Horse Archer (Horseback Riding; 2/1/2; 30)
    -Eastern Pikeman (Feudalism; 1/3/1; 30)
    -Arab Knight (Chivalry; 4/3/2; 70)
    -Light Tank (Motorized Transportation; 14/6/2; 100)
    -Apache (Computers; 18/8/4; 120)
    -Grunt (Amphibious Warfare; 8/6/1; 100)
    -Rocket Armor (Rocketry; 0/1/2 12/2/1; 100)
    -Dreadnought (Mass Production; 16/12/5 8/3/2 180)
    -Satellite (Satellites; 0/0/1; 140)
    -Partisan (Guerrilla Warfare; 10/5/1 8/4/2; 80)
    -PPS-15 Radar (Modern Tactics; 8/8/1; 120)
    -Superfortress (Rocketry; 10/6/2; 220)
    -Radar Station (Radar; 0/1/1: 90)
    -APC (Modern Tactics; 5/12/3; 150)
    -Anti-Ship Missile (Smart Weapons; 0/0/6 16/8/3; 150)
    -National Guard (Democracy; 12/14/1; 110) ***This unit starts a Golden Age when victorious

***The Eastern Spearman, Horse Archer, Arab Knight, and Eastern Pikeman are available to the Eastern civs only (Egypt, China, Japan, India, Persia, Aztecs, Zulu, Iroquois). There are the same as there normal counterparts.

Changes to Units:

-Galley requires Seafaring
    -Tank now called Heavy Tank (16/8/1; 120)
    -Marine now available with Modern Tactics (12/6/1; 120)
    -Barbarian Sea Unit now Pirate Ship (new unit - 3/2/3)
    -Caravel now 2/2/3
    -Frigate now 3/2/4
    -Transport now 2/4/5
    -Battleship now available with Rocketry (24/16/6 12/8/3; 220)
    -Mech Infantry now costs 140 shields

New Govts (5):

Theocracy - available with Mysticism
    The Polis - available with Philosophy, literature (tech)
    Constitutional monarchy - available with Education (tech)
    Fundamentalist - available with Govt Religion
    Social Democracy - available with Liberalism, Industrialism (tech)
    ***See Readme for govt stats

Democracy is now a Modern Era starting tech. It is considered the "ultimate" govt.

New Wonders (9):

Temple of Zeus - same as Oracle
    St. Peter's Basilica - same as JS Bach's
    East India Trading Co. - same as Adam Smith's
    Heliocentricity - same as Copernicus'
    The Globe - same as Shakespeare's
    West Point - same as Sun Tzu's; available with Military Tradition
    Trans-Siberian Railway - available with Steam Power; gives +1 trade in each trade-producing tile; requires Iron, Coal
    Theory of Relativity - available with Atomic Theory; doubles sci ouput
    Internet - available with Computers; 2 free techs
    Hollywood - available with Democracy; 10 happy citizens in city

Changes to Wonders:

UN now available with Democracy

New Improvements (2):

Supermarket
    -requires Refrigeration
    -effectively doubles city growth
    -1/0/0 140 C

Superhighways
    -requires Motorized Transportation
    -+50% tax, increased luxury trade
    -3/0/2 200 I/E

Misc:

Combat Experience:
    -Regular now called a Private (4hp)
    -Veteran now called a Lieutenant (5hp)
    -Elite now called a General (6hp)

Citizens:
    -Scientist now requires Logic
    -Tax Collector now requires Currency
    -Doctor (2 bonus) requires Scientific Method

Special Notes:

This is beta. beta. beta. BETA (meaning untested!!!). Be aware that the game has the potential to crash, or have errors/bugs. PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS/TYPOS/BUGS/ERRORS/ANYTHING WRONG TO ME IN THIS POST. I will do my best to correct any problems.

The sci advisor screen is unchanged. That said, it looks weird and even sometimes connects wrong techs. I am working on this. Accordingly, you should use the pop-ups to choose your techs. Sorry, I will try to fix this ASAP.

There are NO civilopedia entries. They will added in the final version once I edit out all the bugs or errors associated with this mod. For now, each new item is directed to a random other entry in the civilopedia.

See following posts for downloads.
    Last edited by exsanguination; May 5, 2002, 10:59.
    [size=1]"As night fell she emerged with a box under her arm that held her pledge of allegiance and her uniform. She laid it at the gates of the General's embassy and her whisper echoed into dawn as she disappeared: The truth will set my people free."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Visit my personal civ3 page here.

File 1:
    Attached Files
    [size=1]"As night fell she emerged with a box under her arm that held her pledge of allegiance and her uniform. She laid it at the gates of the General's embassy and her whisper echoed into dawn as she disappeared: The truth will set my people free."
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

File 2:
      Attached Files

Comment

File 3:
        Attached Files

Comment

And the Readme:

Download here

Comment

mmm... interesting... downloaded.
            but... no have the units included!....
            Last edited by godinex; April 26, 2002, 11:36.
            Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
            religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Originally posted by godinex
              mmm... interesting... downloaded.
              but... no have the units included!....
              in the readme file, there are links to each unit @ civfanatics and what they should be called. It is in Word format - download it!

And a little heads up - I've been playing nonstop this morning and found a couple easy to fix crashes. For now, do not right-click on Polis, Modern Tactics, or Smart Weapons in the Sci Advisor screen. I had to change their icons around (FIRAXIS - you really need to let us add new tech icons and fix this annoying problem). Later on today I will release the first "patch" - it will include crash fixes and a new script that includes sci advisor tech descriptions. Stay tuned.

PS - Keep me posted on any crashes/bugs/errors you find.

Also, can someone please send me their 13-computers-large-vp.pcx, 13-computers-small-vp.pcx, 26-flight-large.pcx, and 26-flight-small.pcx to zigmund-booty@cfl.rr.com? I accidentally overwrote those files in my backup file... kick me
              Last edited by exsanguination; April 26, 2002, 14:10.

Comment

link

for updates and stuff, goto my post at CivFanatics.com. I visit that site more often, and it would be hell having to go back and forth all the time. I will post patches and new files here, however, when they become available.

Comment

File 1

I cant get file 1 to work, all the text documents i have replaced but I don't lknow what to do with ModEX_v0.5.3.6.3.1b. Could you please help me?

Comment

Re: File 1

Originally posted by JonAck14
                    I cant get file 1 to work, all the text documents i have replaced but I don't lknow what to do with ModEX_v0.5.3.6.3.1b. Could you please help me?
                    extract the *.bic to your civ III\Scenarios folder and open it up as usual in civ3. Or, rename it civ3mod and copy it into your \civ III folder and overwrite the original civ3mod. Now you don't have to load a scenario, just start a normal game (it will be my mod).

Did you get the readme?

Comment

any opinions? what do you all think?

Comment

is this mod dead already?

Comment

new patch

Patch #1 is now available at CivFanatics. It fixes many bugs and changes the science advisor screens. Check it out!

Comment

Working...
                          X