Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames\Civ3PTW]
    "Install_Path"="h:\\ptw\\Civ3PTW"
    "Uninstall_Path"="C:\\Program Files\\InstallShield Installation Information\\{E8650C8D-CCB2-496E-816C-ECC54A7EE411}\\setup.exe"

But nothing useful in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Infogrames Interactive

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
      - i also noticed, that with the SGE in 1.29f, if you change the unit type (e.g. warrior to archer) the F3-screen doesn't recognize those units.
      but i don't know if it works if you actually built one of those before (which would mean there's some kind of flag)
      I'm aware of this, and I know how to fix it while hexediting files. It's as you said a lag which must be set. However, I can't figure out a way to calculate the offset for that flag, and am looking into it right now (that was how I found the counter for units, and I hope that it will solve the problem with the game crashing when building many cities from added settlers)

- further, iirc "currently researching" cannot be switched (the AI still continues the one it had chosen before)
      and speaking about research: isn't there a counter, how many "beakers" have been researched (so you can say: next move, iron working is finished)?

Yes, I believe I saw that counteer somewhere a whiler ago. I just didn't seem to figure out how the science cost was calculated, so I never verified that it was the science progress that actually were there.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• DL'ed 0.96 of CMT -- and saved a map from a .sav game.

Except that the game I tried playing with the map gave me a "Game over, no further points will be scored, etc." at the end of the first turn although it gave me a choice of continuing to play.

Wazzup widdat?

Also - is there a way to move the starting points of the players?
        'Meddle not in the affairs of dragons
        For thou art crunchy
        And go well with ketchup.'

Comment

• sounds like the debug-effect (cheater-effect) was triggered, hope gramphos finds that flag...

if you edit a save game you can't change the starting positions any more, but you can change the positions of the units. make sure you don't forget to move the workers and scouts either!
          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elowan
            DL'ed 0.96 of CMT -- and saved a map from a .sav game.

Except that the game I tried playing with the map gave me a "Game over, no further points will be scored, etc." at the end of the first turn although it gave me a choice of continuing to play.

Wazzup widdat?
            Could you please email me all the files involved in this. I'm not exactly sure of what you did, but I think you exported a map and started a game on it. If I'm right then I need the save you exported the map from, the map itself and the game you played.

Are you playing PTW or original Civ3with the new save?

What game version is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos

Could you please email me all the files involved in this. I'm not exactly sure of what you did, but I think you exported a map and started a game on it. If I'm right then I need the save you exported the map from, the map itself and the game you played.

Are you playing PTW or original Civ3with the new save?

What game version is it?
              There is another note in this thread wherein this happened to someone else.

Here are the particulars:[list=1][*]CivIII, v1.29f[*]modded civ3mod.bic to add a unit - Rough Rider in place of Knight for America (subject of another thread ib the Creation section).[*]Extracted the map with rules and then re-modified the rules per the afore mentioned thread.[*]Re-assigned all starting points to a particular civ[*]changed nothing else.[*]started new scenario using saved bic[*]game ended after I completed my turn[/list=1]
              Will send requested files. However - the map saves as its own bic so you'll get 3 bic files. (BTW - I see no way in the email or PM sections to attach a file).
              Last edited by Elowan; November 29, 2002, 12:19.
              For thou art crunchy

Comment

• I've attached the relevant file here.
                Attached Files
                For thou art crunchy

Comment

• Thanks. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Comment

• Found the problem!!!

Originally posted by Elowan
                    ... the game I tried playing with the map gave me a "Game over, no further points will be scored, etc." at the end of the first turn although it gave me a choice of continuing to play.
                    Tried again - however - with a difference.[list=1][*]saved map to *.bic - no rules[*]loaded civ3mod.bic into CivIII Editor[*]imported the saved map[*]re-assigned the starting points to correspond to the original saved game[*]saved the new scenario[/list=1]
                    So far so good. Started up CivIII and loaded the scenario just saved. Used my usual settings for the Rules and Terrain.

However - and this is the important change which saved the day - this time, instead of letting the opponents be Random, I entered the civ names from the original game (in no particular order).

When I started the game - it started and played normally! It did not end after the first move was completed as before!

Duh! Seems an obvious error - now - but how many of us would have thought of that?

Don't tell me! I don't want to know how many would not have!

Sheesh!
                    For thou art crunchy

Comment

• I've located the problem: The 'Number of players' property is set to 0 when exporting rules from a save. I'll see if I can correct that.

Comment

• Thanks to you I've found a very bad bug which rotated three values on export/import of a map to a game. I'm not sure what the two other values does, but one is the number of civs in the game, and with no doubt this bug could be the one which makes games crash after importing a map, without even making changes to it.

Still needs to test that. But you might have solved one of the major bugs wioth my tool by reporting this error.

Comment

• I've just found and corrected one 'barbarrian settler' bug. Hopefully it's the only one and the fix shall improve the stability of edited saves. I'm looking into the possibilities of releasing a new version any time soon, but the PTW dates are still troubling me with compatibility with original civ3 dates.

Comment

• And I have either to solve it or make PTW saves fully unloadable to be able to release a new version this weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gramphos
                              Thanks to you I've found a very bad bug which rotated three values on export/import of a map to a game.

But you might have solved one of the major bugs wioth my tool by reporting this error.
                              Glad to help. Did you see my note (above) about setting the names of the opponents instead of allowing them to be Random? That seemed to have solved the 'game over' bug. Probably by re-setting the number of players to non-zero.
                              For thou art crunchy

Comment

• Nah, it was that you usded the default rules. with the exported rules you couldn't select any opponents (at least I couldn't)

Comment

Working...
                                X