Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3MultiTool - A second thread for the Program ;)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, but the crrent version is 0.95 with a new function in it, not just bug fixes. Once the feedback goes down I have to create something new
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Hey Gramphos,

Exporting a BIC still doesn't work for me with 0.95.
      If I export without the rules, the editor says something like "seek failed". If I export with rules, it just crashes.
      Is anyone else not seeing this?

Since I haven't posted here before, let me just say how much I appreciate your effort. Thanks!

Comment

• Could you zip together both the exported BICs and the save yuo created an post it here or email me about it.

Comment

• Thanks Gramphos, I sent you a PM.

Basic question: Is it possible to import the rules from a BIC file and make a new save with the old unit locations and the new rules? You know, like we used to be able to do before they put the rules in the save...

If not, any plans to make that work?

Comment

• i'd like that, then if i find out if somthing i've done has screwd my game up i can change it!
            Help negate the vegiterian movement!
            For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

• You can import rules together with a map, but not alone.

Comment

• yes, you can - you can import only the rules from an existing bic
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                Odysseus and the March of Time
                I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

• Zulu, I guess you are talking about Civ3Edit. But in order to do that you need to have a bic file with the map AND the player data. As far as I know you can't get that starting from a save. I don't think you can export player data from Gramphos' program to a bic file, can you?

Comment

• Originally posted by zulu9812
                    yes, you can - you can import only the rules from an existing bic
                    I don't remember coding for that, how does it work?

Comment

• Originally posted by alexman
                      Zulu, I guess you are talking about Civ3Edit. But in order to do that you need to have a bic file with the map AND the player data. As far as I know you can't get that starting from a save. I don't think you can export player data from Gramphos' program to a bic file, can you?
                      No, no player-data is exported; howvever I plan for more extende export functions, including options cities and units, but I won't import that.

Comment

• Hi Gramphos...

Just wanted to catch up on CIV3MULTITOOL (been absent for a while).... can you edit a 1.29 save game yet?

.. and thanks for all the hard work!
                        ------------------------------------
                        Cheers
                        Exeter.
                        -------------------------------------

Comment

• exeter0: Yes, you shall be ablt to do so.

Comment

• How about adding the option in the Unit Creation Wizard to skip creating the ini file altogether? I use the Multi-Tool to place units other ppl have made at specific points in the unit list, and it's inconvenient to have to delete to trash the ini that comes with the unit and then restore afterwards.
                            Up the Irons!
                            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                            Odysseus and the March of Time
                            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

• Sure, for next version.

However it will not be before September.

Comment

Working...
                              X