Multiple Unit Upgrade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple Unit Upgrade...

Is there a way to do an upgrade on all units at the same time???

I have been doing it one ata a time, and it takes for ever!

Thanks,

DK

Use Shift+U...it's definitely faster...

Comment

Ixnay37 didnt mention that the Shift-U only works for units in a city with a barracks. Activate the unit of choice then hit shift-U. If you have any that can be upgraded and have the cash to do them all there'll be a pop-up.

All of the other units have to be marched to a city with a barracks first before they can be upgraded (which is still a pain). You would think that firaxis could include some kind of command that you could use to do this!
      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH

All of the other units have to be marched to a city with a barracks first before they can be upgraded (which is still a pain). You would think that firaxis could include some kind of command that you could use to do this!
        I am glad they didn't have a "withdraw to nearest barracks" button. I can just see me hittting that without realizing that it would leave a key city unguarded. Of course, this is why I make Sun Tzu's a priority, since i play mostly on huge pangaie, super continents.

Comment

Originally posted by asleepathewheel

I am glad they didn't have a "withdraw to nearest barracks" button. I can just see me hittting that without realizing that it would leave a key city unguarded. Of course, this is why I make Sun Tzu's a priority, since i play mostly on huge pangaie, super continents.
          Thats what you think now . Just wait till you have to upgrade without Sun Zsu or barracks everywhere. With 1.21 its more of a mess than before. I prey for "wake all" or "move all to barracks and upgrade".
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

That's a good point - there should be a "Wake all" hotkey. It's a real pain having to wake each unit in a tile individually.
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

you guys are answer questions for a DL named POOP TRUCK?!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                didn't even notice the name. well, i hope that's not what his friends call him in rl!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
                  You have a problem with my name Tube???

Comment

Originally posted by Poop Truck

You have a problem with my name Tube???
                    Not at all. Wish I had thought of it myself!

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                    X