Installing custom units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zulu9812

I set the laser turret #83 to be the icon for the settler in the city build queue and it worked perfectly! I'm wondering if you're using the units_32 I posted last (16 april) ? Its identical to what I'm using (succesfully). It has neomega at 76, the turret at 83, and the modern settler at 72.
    Last edited by SpencerH; April 25, 2002, 16:33.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Actually, I'd been using the you posted before because you'd skipped a few in order to get APC at #82 (this was pre-patch). Although, that shouldn't be a problem since it's no longer hasd coded?

I'll try using the April 16 one. In the mean time, I don't suppose you could re-incllude the icons you took out of the units_32 I posted? They're still up but if you'd rather I emailed them I'd be happy to do that. MS PhotoDraw is just being a pain...just like all MicroSoft

btw- i'd love to hear about your mod! Unfortunately I don't have broadband but I'd be happy to take a look at the bic. I might even have a few ideas for you
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I'm not sure what icons you're missing!
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

'k - here's the original AL mod units_32 I posted, along with the icons that I supplied - I actually need the assassin icon, modern frigate (#68) and swiss guard (#67). I'd also quite like that NeOmega Assassin and Horse Archer, if that's ok!
          Attached Files
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I've sent the new pcx by email. Bon chance!

Comment

Right, I've not actually tested the new icons yet. But, if anyone's interested (which they're probably not, since me and Spence are the only ones who can be bothered with this thread) here's the pcx file:
              Attached Files
              Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                Maybe there's a celtic match on tonight.
                btw - I'm a Rangers fan

(I just realised)
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
                  God damn it! The NeOmega Assassin and Laser Turret still aren't working - the city advisor even volunteered to build the NeOmega but as soon as I clicked ok the game crashed! Usually if the advisor offers to build a unit then it should work ok!?!
                  Nope, even with the brand spanking new icon sheet the NeOmega Assassin still crashes the game. I'm thinking it must be an problem with the actual unit itself. I've not modified it in any way and I am unable to post anything on CIvFanatics for some reason, so I can't even ask the author.

The really annoying thing is that there's no way around it if the city advisor offers to build the unit and then the game crashes, whether or not you ok it or try and change the build queue. I guess I'll just have to delete the unit and start a new game.
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

I wonder why? It works fine for me (they all do)! Since you can see the icon in the city screen, I dont think thats the problem. I would throw out the old version and download a new version of the neomega unit and try again. There were a few versions of it and maybe you got one with a "glitch" do other new units work?
                    Last edited by SpencerH; April 28, 2002, 13:57.

Comment

I can't see the icon for the NeOmega Assassin in the build queue at all. I had it available with Genetics, as an upgrade for Assassin. As soon as I discovered genetics, the next available city volunteered to build the NeOmega, I tried to zoom to that city in order to rush-buy it but the game crashed before the city manager came up. Thus I've yet to see the NeOmega icon in the build queue. However, you might be right about different versions of that unit. I'll try d'l it and see what hapens.

On a different note, under what circumstances do the icons in the build queue change order (i.e. the wrong icon for settler, etc.)? I know that having two units using the same icon will cause this, but what if those two units are never available together, e.g regular Pikeman and Eastern Spearman?
                      Up the Irons!
                      Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

The only time I had the wrong icon for settler was the modern settler with some previous versions of the units_32. I would get the wrong icon in the city build screen, but it still didnt crash. It only started to crash when we got over icon 82. I had a mod using the pikeman icon twice and it never crashed either. Maybe its something with the OS? I use win98se.

Comment

Right, I changed the icons for the Laser Turret and NeOmega Assassin but they still crash the game as soon as I try to build them. I've never been able to build the NeOmega Assassin (even with the most up-to-date version), although I was once able to build the Laser Turret - which is puzzling.

So it's not a problem with the icon sheet - that works fine. It's something else, and I haven't got a clue what. Ah well.

Even though I'm not using any duplicate icons at all, the wrong icon for Settler and Worker still come up in the build queue at Industrial and Modern ages. It doesn't crash the game though, so I guess I can live with that.

On a different note, I've been having sound problems with this Dragoon unit I've added. Someone else created the flcs (dunno who) and I've used it as an upgrade for Cavalry. However, there's no sound. I think there might be one - victory, perhaps? - but no attack, galloping, etc.. I tried using the Cavalry sounds but to no avail. If anyone can help, here are two Dragoon.ini files (one as if the .amb files are in the Dragoon folder and the other as if they are in the cavalry folder), my bic and the icon sheet.
                          Up the Irons!
                          Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

For some reason I couldn't post an attachment in that last one, so here it is:
                            Attached Files
                            Up the Irons!
                            Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

Anything? Anyone?
                              Up the Irons!
                              Rogue CivIII FAQ!

Comment

I tried downloading it I got a weird re-direct browser file not a sound file of any kind!

Comment

Working...
                                X