Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Games Workshop fans (both of you)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Games Workshop fans (both of you)

I'm in the early stages (very early, only 1 or 2 units on the conveyor belt so far) of a Warhammer/Warhammer 40,000 mod and I'd be interested if any of you guys would be interested in playing and/or helping out with the making of the mod. Thanks for reading.
    If you have any interest in Games Workshop games then please contact me!

count me in, for sure. if you need any help, you just need to ask.
    I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
    [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Great! Glad to have you on board! Are you any good with graphics? If not what do you think you could bring to the team?

Comment

Jesse,

I would love to help but give me some time. I want to finish my mod first and then I have to prepare for lawschool finals and the bar exam

I should be available to help in August.

I would love to help with conceputalization.
        Creator of the Double Your Pleasure Mod Check out the DyP website and join the discussion on Double Your Pleasure Mod thread at civfanatics. You can play the mod on my DYP Earth Map
        or play regular Civ3 on one of my earth maps: 256x205; 180x180 Map; or 140x140.
        For you modders out there I have released a version of the map with no resources. You can get that version Clean 180x180 here or Clean 140x140 here.

Comment

We have a team of 3 then! We have two primary options, we either have the ancient periods as Warhammer Fantasy and the modern eras as Warhammer 40K or we just choose one of the games. What do you guys think?

Comment

Well, there is a a huge gap in time between the two so it might be hard to transition. plus there are different races/civs involved. I think we should probably do two mods.

Over the summer I was working on a warhammer fantasy mod for civ2, I had a great map of the old world. I wonder if I still have that. My computer crashed on me last summer and I liost everything on my hard drive. Can't remember if I di the map before or after the crash. I will check and see. If i still have it we can use the map converter to get the basic map started. Other wise I think I at least have the outline map which is better than nothing.

for civs I think we could just look at warmaster as an outline and go from there.

for the 40k things are a lot different, much fewer civs:
            --humans -which include squats, ogryn, halflings, imperial guard, space marines, sisters of battle, possibly necromunda.
            --eldar
            --dark eldar
            --orks
            --genestealers
            --chaosmarines
            --chaos
            --necrons
            --tyranids
            --tau

Writing these down, I guess there are more than I thought.

for warhammer fantasy the civs i can think of are:
            --The Empire
            --Bretonia
            --Albion
            --Dwarfs
            --High Elves
            --Wood Elves
            --Orcs & goblins
            --Dark Elves
            --Lizard Men/Slann
            --Skaven
            --Vampire Counts
            --Khemri
            --Chaos
            --Chaos Dwarfs

well, thats it for now
            Creator of the Double Your Pleasure Mod Check out the DyP website and join the discussion on Double Your Pleasure Mod thread at civfanatics. You can play the mod on my DYP Earth Map
            For you modders out there I have released a version of the map with no resources. You can get that version Clean 180x180 here or Clean 140x140 here.

Comment

here are two maps I just found online.
              Attached Files

Comment

Well the transition would'nt be too hard, a few of the races blend into eachother:

High Elves-Eldar
                Dark Elves-Dark Eldar
                Empire:Imperial Guard
                Bretonians-Space Marines
                Orcs-Orks
                Chaos-Chaos
                Lizardmen-Tyranids (ish)

You see what I mean? Anyway, because of the sheer weight of numbers I think we should just do 1 of the games.

Would be great if you could dig out that map!

Comment

a fuller version of the map. notice that ulthuan is different in the second map. I think this is an older map becuase the games workshop site has the circular ulthuan onits maps.
                  Attached Files

Comment

of course there is also the scope of the combat environment to think about. in whf you are just talking about one planet, while in 40k you are dealing with a whole galaxy. I am think ing that we would want to use new terrain artwork for this. They are working onthat for the Star Wars mod and I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to appropriate it once its done.

Comment

I've been keeping a close eye on that mod and i've been helping them out with some stuff so hopefully they could return teh favour by allowing us to use the terrain

Comment

Had a brainstorm last night and I had some ideas for technologies and wonders for the fantasy side of things

Technologies
                        Beast taming
                        Iron working
                        Battle tactics
                        Watch towers
                        Gunpowder
                        Siege warfare
                        Fortress construction
                        Armour
                        Diplomacy
                        Writing
                        Translation
                        Communication
                        Hierarchy
                        Flight
                        Magic
                        Slavery
                        Sea Travel
                        Sacrifice
                        Religion
                        Mercenaries
                        Warpstone collection
                        Archery
                        Sword fighting
                        Gun fighting
                        Biological warfare
                        Map making

Wonders
                        Prophecy of Sotek
                        Legend of the Amazons
                        Black plague cure
                        Red pox cure
                        Bugman's bar

Obviously these are all early suggestions, if you have any queries then just ask

P.S. my scanner won't work so I'll try and get you the timeline info on a later post

Comment

Hello!

Firstly I agree with Corinthian that beer was a better buy than lead soldiers, and also that you really need to find a way to stop alliances between opposed races. So far I've been unable to do this in the editor.

My own plan was to upgrade from Fantasy to 40K, but it wouldn't take much to fill in the blanks. Warhammer fantasy covers the ground way into the industrial age, all you have to do is eliminate the gunpowder units from the ealier game.

I'll list a few ideas that I came up with, though I'm a bit rusty on Warhammer fantasy, or all GW stuff in fact....

Barbarians should be those lizard men, they never really got sophisticated enough to form a civ.

Skaven should be a medieval - industrial chaos unit, employed for their rifle skills.

Space Marines require Genetics as a pre-requesite

The Space Marine legions should be an offshoot of the Empire Civ, all other human races should only be able to create Imperial guard type troops.

or

Diferent human civs spawn different Marine Chapters

Tyranids should be a future era of a human civ, once genetics is discovered. Nasty...

The tech tree should remain pretty much as it is, the interesting thing would be to look at the different ways in which the civs use the techs

Well, that's it for now, good luck!

Comment

Thanks for your input!

Comment

Another problem..

Sorry to be a total git, but this problem concerns city improvements....

Elves, Dwarves, and Orcs would not build the same buildings, and the only way to grant civ specific improvements is through the 'requires government' tag on the improvement editor.

One solution requires (according to Firaxis) the next patch to work properly.

You create civ specific governments flagged to techs that are outside of the tech tree. These techs are given free to the appropriate civ at the beginning. No other governments are allowed.

Limiting GW races to one government isn't too bad as they're all pretty one dimensional.

Or you can just have them build the same improvements and just have civ-specific units....

Comment

Working...
                              X