No announcement yet.

Double Your Pleasure - Mod Under Construction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have already been accused of the mod being too Americentric and I think the Empire State Building fills the same role that the WTC towers would.
    Creator of the Double Your Pleasure Mod Check out the DyP website and join the discussion on Double Your Pleasure Mod thread at civfanatics. You can play the mod on my DYP Earth Map
    or play regular Civ3 on one of my earth maps: 256x205; 180x180 Map; or 140x140.
    For you modders out there I have released a version of the map with no resources. You can get that version Clean 180x180 here or Clean 140x140 here.

Comment

Thoughts...

I just talked a friend with a cable modem into D/Ling DyP for me. I must say, it does take the game to new levels! Kudos...

Here are a couple of my variations on the game you may want to consider:

Settlers [one for each era]:

The earliest settlers were Nomads that found a fertile area and stopped moving. Their settlements were generally unplanned and; for the most part; "just happened."
      (0.0.1)

The exploration of the New World lead many to plan a move to this new "wilderness." These Colonists arrived in ships and moved inland mostly on foot with pack animals to carry their meager possessions. They were equipped with firearms to defend themselves.
      (0.1.1)

Western Pioneers used Covered Wagons carry their possessions throughout the Western United States. The wagons also increased their rate of travel over the Great Plains. They too carried firearms to defend themselves.
      (0.1.2)

Modern Moving Vans [et.al.] are capable of quickly shipping many people and goods vast distances. They are [generally] unarmed.
      (0.0.3)
      Uses 4 citizens [4 citizens make for a quick start city late in the game]
      Transports 1 foot unit

Bronze:
      Don't you find it strange that you can make all those bronze age units without actually having any bronze! (0.0.1)
      Strategic
      900/500 appear/disappear

Comment

looks nice, but with ALL the new techs. I don't think you could get to modern area before 2050AD...
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

Its possible. I have done it. There are many new ways to increase research.

The mod is well beyond the "under construction" tag by this point. check out the DyP forums for more indepth discussion
          Creator of the Double Your Pleasure Mod Check out the DyP website and join the discussion on Double Your Pleasure Mod thread at civfanatics. You can play the mod on my DYP Earth Map
          or play regular Civ3 on one of my earth maps: 256x205; 180x180 Map; or 140x140.
          For you modders out there I have released a version of the map with no resources. You can get that version Clean 180x180 here or Clean 140x140 here.

Comment

I hope 40 resource is the maximum...or else it will become quite comfusing.
            Bonus resources should maybe be area specific if we are talking about a world map..

1 dates for desert in the middle east
            2 herbs in amazon
            3 bamboo for china - bamboo is still used today for construction temp. platform today.
            4 Kangaroo + food for Aussie
            5 Oyster for several places

I agree that it is impossible to irrigate in tundra...so give some more meat source to this region, and too bad we can't trade food...

I think desert is definitely irrigatable
            just put more turns required. maybe 15turns?

Comment

For long range units,
              small bow units does not have bombardment ability
              long bows do :O

Comment

I have a idea! Has anyone condsied making a sinper until? Will a range of 1 square?
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

bug found

the Crossbow hasnt the BOMBARD option, so, I cant bombard with this unit
                  Works fine for Archer

I download today DyP 1.50

regards
                  Krakatoa

Comment

Actually you shouldn't be able to bombard with either one of those units, and checking the BIX files, neither one has the Bombard flag set

They're only supposed to be using their bombard ability defensively, giving them a free retaliation attack, but they're no longer supposed to use the bombard ability offensively.

Which BIX file are you using?
                    Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

Originally posted by isak
                      Actually you shouldn't be able to bombard with either one of those units, and checking the BIX files, neither one has the Bombard flag set

They're only supposed to be using their bombard ability defensively, giving them a free retaliation attack, but they're no longer supposed to use the bombard ability offensively.

Which BIX file are you using?
                      Oh, I see... I suposed bombard value (4) was to be used, never saw a unit with bombard and no bomb attack

I'm using DYP 1.50x.bix

regards
                      Krakatoa

Comment

Working...
                      X