Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mindsbigger: We had the exact same thing happen in the Double Your Pleasure mod when I forgot to add in a reference in a unit 'INI' file to one of the Animation (FLC) files. So the best thing to do is start checking through the INI files for the (added) units that can be built around that time. Make sure there are no spelling mistakes or trailing spaces in any of them.

Edit: I didn't forget to 'add in' the reference, I just forgot to check the references. Don't know what my mind was thinking..
    Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

Isak ....thank you so much....thats exactly what happened...a unit ini redirected to a dir that didnt exsist....of course i only found this out after much keyboard thrashing and mouse beatings....

but thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Willem

I'm not sure about the tech but any other conditions don't matter, each city will get a building. I suspect tech doesn't matter either.
        Tech dosen't matter, either. I changed the Great Library to create airports in every city when built, and sure enough, the airports appeared.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk

Tech dosen't matter, either. I changed the Great Library to create airports in every city when built, and sure enough, the airports appeared.
          hi ,

yep , you even get hydroplants in the middle of nowhere cities with no fresh water around for two three cities away , .......

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Greetings.

I am new to the forum, but I have been modding civ 3 since it came out. Since I installed PTW however, I have noticed the following problem whenever I attempt to add downloaded units to the editor.

The item [say the star wars ATAT fighter] show up in my building list. I select it and, even before it can start to build it, I get the following message:

load error
            ERROR READING FILE
            Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt": ANIMNAME_
            The game will now exit

I have no idea what I am doing. I have never had to edit the PediaIcons.txt in the past. I found it and don't know what to do- it seems really dumb if I have to manually add every items pcx file to the pediaicons list, especially since some downloaded units don't even have them.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

wow, talk about reviving old threads...

anyway, can't help, I don't have PTW. Not yet anyway

Comment

@Klakoff:

Check out this Tutorial to adding units with PtW by Boris Godunov.

Basically, things work a bit differently in PtW. It's a lot simpler to control large mods this way, but of course, it's never simple until you get familiar with it

And let this also be a plea to the mods to make Boris' thread a Sticky somewhere
                Double Your Pleasure mod | DYP Forums | DYP Mod thread

Comment

Originally posted by Elucidus

Anyone know how to change the base city tiles food output? That would clear a lot of things up.
                  It's based on the amount of food needed by a citizen, on the General Settings page. If that is set at two, the default, the city core will also produce two food.

Comment

Originally posted by smellymummy

1 - dont make a settler require a tech or resource.
                    I have a new Settler, called Pioneer, appearing with Magnetism, and I haven't had any problems with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus

adding a unit with bombard range of 0, will make the AI not build (and use) that unit as a bombard unit.
                      Well of course not, with a range of 0 you can't bombard anything, but you do get the free shot when the unit is attacked. And the AI will build them, I've added that to my Archers/Longbowman and I certainly see lots of those in the other civs' millitary.

Comment

Greetings.

I am new to the forum, but I have been modding civ 3 since it came out. Since I installed PTW however, I have noticed the following problem whenever I attempt to add downloaded units to the editor.

The item [say the star wars ATAT fighter] show up in my building list. I select it and, even before it can start to build it, I get the following message:

load error
                        ERROR READING FILE
                        Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt": ANIMNAME_
                        The game will now exit

I have no idea what I am doing. I have never had to edit the PediaIcons.txt in the past. I found it and don't know what to do- it seems really dumb if I have to manually add every items pcx file to the pediaicons list, especially since some downloaded units don't even have them.

Anyone have any ideas?
                        I experienced the same problem.

Solution:

Every unit (and building, tech, etc) must have an entry in the pedia files. Also, in the Editor, the unit (or whatever) must have a reference to that particular entry in the pedia. PRTO_Settler for instance.
                        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

I have a modded game on conquests mostely just changed units and for some reason It will randomly freeze after some events. I can never find anything in common between them but somtimes if I change them I can keep playing. These things happen once a game I have tryed uninstalling and reloading but it dosent help on my last game it froze after 1987 and I cant change any events because for some reason they are always completly diffrent. Waiting longer dosent help and I have over the min requirements. does anyone have any advise for me?
                          Absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Here's what I've discovered on my own mods, they still apply in Conquests

List of mods that the AI isn't smart enough to handle:

1. Making cities not allowed in forest / jungle : If the jungle or forest is thick enough, results in AI not settling over there at all. AI will not chop a forest tile just to plant a city there. (This may be why on randomly generated maps as well as the conquests that there are never huge marsh fields like there are huge jungle fields.)

2. Making a trade connection to a luxary required for several wonders each being adviable at widely different times. AI will charge just as much for a luxary allowing a wonder to be built now as a luxary that allows a wonder two eras from now.

3. Making luxary within city radius a requirement to build a wonder. While the AI trys to plant cities to try in luxaries and resources in it's trade network, [often resulting in them within city radius] it will often leave a luxary in a hole outside all city radi. With few enough oppoents, may result in the wonder not being built at all.

4. Making it illegal to construct mines in grassland. AI will irrigate all those tiles (after leaving Despotism) instead of planting forests in some of them.

5. Making a new govt only marginally better than the previous ones. AI will switch govts every time even when not a religious civ. (Most notable in Mesopotania; AI will switch to Tribal Council. ) Note that it's really not an issue at Demigod+ levels due to the AI anarchy limits of those levels. Note that in 1.22 Conquests the AI does appear smart enough to not change to a govt that's marginally worse than what they have. (In Rise of Rome, AI researched Monarchy rather fast [enough to speed human Rome towards Republic], but none switched; Obligarchy having marginally less corruption than Monarchy.) This is in sharp contrast to 1.00 Conquests Fall of Rome where the Sass abandonded their Tribal Council govt for Imperalism!

The following mod would cause the AI to cheat in 1.0:

1. Making polution clean up require a prereq and/or resource, AI can always do this from day 1.
                            So can humans, with Fully Automatic Workers / varients leave existing tiles alone / this city only [if polution within that city radius]
                            The humans can also set workers to clear polution everywhere without a resource once they have the tech.
                            I noted this the most in my own mod, but there are conquests that require a tech to clear polution.

2. Making luxaries / bonsus tiles invisible until a tech is reached.
                            AI will plant cities with full confidence that the luxary / bonus will appear nearby just like a resource. At least they don't get the production bonsuses until discovery.
                            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                            Templar Science Minister
                            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

from the looks of things, this looks to be an old thread, but i thought i should post anyway

i have Civilization Conquests v1.22 installed

I've done some tinkering and through the stuff in this forum and self experimentation, i've done some modding(just so far as adding units and stuff like that) anyway, my problem is this:

I've created a unit, and gave it the Marine icon, i've gone and added in the pediaicons.txt file all the stuff to bind it to the marine, up to and including the ANIM section. I gave this unit the ability to move through all terrain as if it were road just like the explorer, but now all the AIs foot gunpowder units (maybe cavalry, i'm not sure, i've only seen enemy riflemen and infantry do this) walk through terrain as if it were road

I'm not really sure where i should begin my troubleshooting process. If anyone catches wind of this, help would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X