MAP: The Roman World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: The Roman World

I started playing as Caesar because of the UU. You can build it as soon as you get Iron, and it dominates everything until the Knights! Except for those swarms of Immortals. Well naturally my game-playing addiction got me re-reading Caesar. And that made me want to make the map. It's a standard size (99x99) map which will ultimately allow for 8 civs.

A Greek scenario would probably have more of Persia instead of Britain, so it won't work for any ole ancient Mediterranean Sea scenario. Also the edges are kinda weird, because the world is round, and there is no way to make it flat So the Caspian sea sort of empties into the Atlantic Ocean

I've already planned out my scenario. Can't wait for the editor to do this! I am not going to mess with Graphics, but I am thinking of changing the MP3 to play Resphigi

8 Civs:

1) Romans (Protagonist) same as Civ3

2) Carthaginians - instead of Indians. Which also means I don't have to change the UU

3) Greeks

4) Egyptians

5) Germans - According to Caesar, they are nasty and irritating and double-crossing. Which means I won't need to modify the AI Caesar also says they are hairy and hunt deer that have no knees.

6, 7, 8) All of Gaul is divided into three parts. Would make sense for my scenario too, because it was all of the internecine squibbling that allowed Caesar to come in and kick some butt. For the lady fans of Civ2, I am going to combine the Belgae with the Britons. Their leader is Boadicea

So if anyone hacks out an editor real soon, please let me know because it's killing me when I try to play on my map, and end up at the Nile Delta for my starting location

(These little emoticons are very cute)
    I've increased my medication and I am now able to experience pleasure... especially when my Legions march on Berlin and capture the Great Wall! >:-)

Not sure if the map actually attached to the original post. Someone please help!
    I've increased my medication and I am now able to experience pleasure... especially when my Legions march on Berlin and capture the Great Wall! >:-)

Comment

There's a Civilization Placement Tool in the files forum that one can use to alter the starting positions, I think.
      MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Where is it?

Can you do things like add/edit cities, etc. yet?

Comment

If it isn't here it's at Civfanatics. Check out the thread for all info. I've never used it.
          MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

You need to attach the map
            Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

There might be som ereasons why the map doesn't attach.
              1) The map is in incorrect format (gif jpg png txt zip bmp jpeg slc net sav scn hot rar wav doc rtf) allowed (zip the file)
              2) The file is too big (>500kB). If that is you can try to zip it with higher compression, if that doesn't help you will have to send it by email to Markos, or put it on a free website.
              3) Your browsers can't send Multipart Forms (this should most likely not be the problem)
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

and?
                Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thanks for replying... sorry I did not get back to you. I've been busy playing the game

So anyway I zipped the file and attached it here. I really would like some feedback. It bothers me that Mediterranean Europe is on a round world.

Laters,

Scott
                  Attached Files

Comment

You can use C3MT to change it to a flat world.

Comment

Can you post a link where I can download this tool?

Comment

Good attempt.
                        "'It's the last great adventure left to mankind'
                        Screams a drooping lady,
                        offering her dreamdolls at less than extortionate prices."
                        -"The Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging" (Genesis 1974)

Comment

Originally posted by Hail Caesar!
                          Can you post a link where I can download this tool?
                          It is in this forum Civ3MultiTool, don't have time to post a link right now.

Comment

civ3 multitool

Comment

And the Pic?
                              Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                              religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Working...
                              X