How do i make a mod pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willem
    Well actually, I'm in the process of redoing it from scratch. Now that gov specific buildings are working, I've been completely rethinking my approach with it, so I figured I'd just start from the beginning again. So it's going to be awhile yet before it's ready. I've had someone else show an interest, so I'll be sure to post it when it's done. I was hoping I wouldn't have to bother rewritng the civilopedia but... oh well.
    Are they working correctly since 1.17? So that they have no effect in other governments then the one they are for? Will you have to pay mainanence for them even if you don't run the government they are for?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

if you are gonna make a mod pack. any chance other ppl (ie. me) can help out with unit/city ideas? like a nice cruiser........
      eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

Are they working correctly since 1.17? So that they have no effect in other governments then the one they are for? Will you have to pay mainanence for them even if you don't run the government they are for?
        Yes they are working correctly, according to Speed Bump. He answered a few of my questions. If you switch governments, the gov specific buildings will disappear from your city list. I'm not sure yet if they're gone for good, or whether they'll switch back on if you go back to that gov. At at rate, you won't have to pay maintenance for them I suspect. I haven't had a chance yet to actually try it out yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
          if you are gonna make a mod pack. any chance other ppl (ie. me) can help out with unit/city ideas? like a nice cruiser........
          Why do you think I'm spending so much time hanging around here?

Comment

well, in that case....

a nice cruser (better then a destroyer, but more shields to make, and not as good as ageis)

and make it so the destroyer aint pointless, i mean, i just end up building battleships cos there aint no point to building the destroyers

and a dreadnaught for the industrial period. (upgrades to battleship)

and make the british UU an ironclad of saughts, for there naval strength in miod 19th C was about their newly invented ironclad, which was superior till late 19thC. twas the iron clads bombardment that kept china (and many others) in Britains informal empire.

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
              well, in that case....

a nice cruser (better then a destroyer, but more shields to make, and not as good as ageis)

and make it so the destroyer aint pointless, i mean, i just end up building battleships cos there aint no point to building the destroyers

and a dreadnaught for the industrial period. (upgrades to battleship)

and make the british UU an ironclad of saughts, for there naval strength in miod 19th C was about their newly invented ironclad, which was superior till late 19thC. twas the iron clads bombardment that kept china (and many others) in Britains informal empire.
              Well all I can do is use the copies of current units, or unless someone creates something, which I'd like to avoid if possible. And frankly, I'm no where's close to even thinking about the modern ships. So far I haven't even made it to that point yet. I keep thinking of things to change and start from the beginning again. I've been playing the game since before Christmas, and I haven't gone past to the Industrial Era once yet.
              And this government building thing is going to take some time I can see. But I'm sure I'll come up with some ideas when I finally get there.

As for the UU idea, that would probably be better for the Americans. Old Ironsides is probably the most famous ironclad of all, and it was American.
              In fact, if I'm not mistaken, they were the first to build those kinds of ships weren't they?

Comment

your probably right, but i do know that british sea power in 19thC (pre 1870's) was primarily its ironclads.

perhaps then, a dreadnaught type ship for the brits, cos in th late 19thC that was what there sea power was based on....

Comment

Working...
                X