How do i make a mod pack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i make a mod pack?

I probaly wont do this, but i have lots of free time and may do it eventually.....

basically, i just wanna add more naval units, but i wouldnt know where to start with the graphics (the editor dosnt look to bad to make the things though).

any advice?
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Yuo can start by reading Dark Sheer'sTutorial on animation reation and Plutarck's Modmakers Tutorial: How to add new units, improvements, wonders, and technologys!

Once you have done that you should know if you still want to do that mod, and you can ask questions.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

What Gramphos, no plug for the Multi Tool? If you don't mind having your new units look like existing ones Andy, then that's all you'll need, and it's very user friendly. You'll just have to do some editing later.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
        What Gramphos, no plug for the Multi Tool?
        What for, It's better if he start to read Plutarck's thread, and finds out about the MultiTool from in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos

What for, It's better if he start to read Plutarck's thread, and finds out about the MultiTool from in there.
          Yes, you have a point there, it always helps to pick up a few basics first. BTW, I discovered that the reset problem I was having wasn't a bug. I had a rate cap set at 60%, trying to put some research limitations on my early govs. But I didn't realize that it also affected my tax rate, and since at the time I had 90% going into that, the game had to reset it.

Comment

i only wanted to add a couple units and a govt

do you think it would be ok if i didnt have the units animated?

Comment

govts can be added with the editor. If you are going to make an unanimated graphics, you still need to use FLICster, you can use my MultiTool if you want to reuse old animations.

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
                i only wanted to add a couple units and a govt

do you think it would be ok if i didnt have the units animated?
                Governments can be added pretty easily in the editor now, I've been playing with that as well. And you have to have animation graphics for the unit, the game is expecting it. Other wise it will crash. But don't worry about it, MultiTool is very simple to use, it will take care of everything. Gramphos mentioned something to me about the units32.pcx file, but I found I don't even have to worry about it. Just copy and edit, it's really easy.

Comment

problem is, dumb ppl like me get confused if there are 2 identical ships (the units all look the same already!!!!) there, one is a cruiser the other is a destroyer... maybe i will hold out lil longer for some animators to just make pix...

Comment

Originally posted by The Andy-Man
                    problem is, dumb ppl like me get confused if there are 2 identical ships (the units all look the same already!!!!) there, one is a cruiser the other is a destroyer... maybe i will hold out lil longer for some animators to just make pix...
                    You should hang out at Civ Fanatics, there's several people there who are doing some nice work with new units. One in particular, who calls himself Dark Sheer, will even consider requests if you can provide him with some pictures or drawings. He's working on a Polynesian Outrigger for me, it will be an early scout type sea vessel for Expansionist civs. And he does good work. He has a great one now of a guy in a canoe, a perfect UU for the Iroquois.

Comment

'guy in a canoe'

OMG, ITS THE IROQUIS AND THERE SPACE AGE CONOES BOAT MAN, *in the tune of the iron maiden song* RUN TO THE HILL'S, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!

will have to go over there soon then.

Comment

What woud you give that unit for stats?

Carry 1 unit? Or will it just be a Cary 0 unit with attack , that shots fire arrows on other ships, giving the Iroquis the best army for early days?

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                          What woud you give that unit for stats?

Carry 1 unit? Or will it just be a Cary 0 unit with attack , that shots fire arrows on other ships, giving the Iroquis the best army for early days?
                          Well I wanted to give it 0 everything, but then there was no AI strategy for it. It would be nice if they had an explore option for sea units as well. So I have to make it a 1 attack/defence with 0 transport. I suppose I could always bump up the values of the rest of them by 1 to compensate, so that the canoe would be the weakest sea unit.

Comment

willem, are any of your mods avaulibel for d/l. they sound good.

Comment

Well actually, I'm in the process of redoing it from scratch. Now that gov specific buildings are working, I've been completely rethinking my approach with it, so I figured I'd just start from the beginning again. So it's going to be awhile yet before it's ready. I've had someone else show an interest, so I'll be sure to post it when it's done. I was hoping I wouldn't have to bother rewritng the civilopedia but... oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X