Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAP: Lands of Middle Earth (updated Conquests version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you Gramphos for moving it to the files section.
    Congrats on you being selected as the new file-manager
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Well done. Is pretty
      Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
      religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Sorry, double-post.

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          Its brilliant
          But... only Harlan has ever pulled off a LotR scenario for any civ game, so don't be surprised if its never used beyond normal gaming.
          Well, my scenario wasn't LotR, but it *was* Tolkien (based on the Silmarillion, the early history of Middle-earth). I was never able to get Apolyton to link to it. . . they are very picky about linking rather than hosting themselves (I assume, considering they never responded to emails)

Anyways, it's a Civ2 scenario so I guess there won't be much interest. But it used to get rave reviews. . . if I do say so myself.

J.R.R. Tolkien's Dagor Bragollach: The Battle of Sudden Flame

Best Regards,

Hurin

Comment

Wow, sorry Hurin, I had no idea this scenario existed. From the looks of the site (brilliant site too ) it looks impressive, though alas I have been unable to run Civ2 for a while, so I cannot play it

*sigh*

Oh, and I think you are only the second "settler" I have seen who is shown registered in 1970 That is an impressive restraint on posting
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by Mortifer
              Nice lol, but how will you make the units for tolkien's world?
              It wontbe easy.
              I just got done downloadind the map i will try it later it looks like alot of fun

Comment

[SIZE=1]Oh, and I think you are only the second "settler" I have seen who is shown registered in 1970 That is an impressive restraint on posting
                Yeah, that's even freakier considering that's 4 years before I was born.

H

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
                  Oh, and I think you are only the second "settler" I have seen who is shown registered in 1970 That is an impressive restraint on posting
                  Maybe Hurin has a special arrangement with the admins ... like a certain Prince ...
                  "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Thought this was interesting:

On my game on this map, I'm playing in the shire area as the Babylonians with the Germans in Mordor. It is the Middle Ages and the Germans recently declared war on me. I got the entire world to declare war on the Germans. Now Mordor is trying to conquer the world. Sounds familiar . . .
                    Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
                    If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevman
                      Thought this was interesting:

On my game on this map, I'm playing in the shire area as the Babylonians with the Germans in Mordor. It is the Middle Ages and the Germans recently declared war on me. I got the entire world to declare war on the Germans. Now Mordor is trying to conquer the world. Sounds familiar . . .
                      Hehe that was funny.
                      So, how do you like the amount of resources on the map? Is it too much or too little, or just the right amount?

Please tell me if you think some changes are needed

By the way: woohoo 500 downloads on Apolyton
                      + woohoo 900 downloads on Civfanatics
                      Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

Comment

Actually, I think that the resources are a bit on the high side. I mean like, what am I going to do with 7 wines? It makes expansion really fast and easy. If this is what you want then this is fine, its still a very fun map.
                        However, strategic resources are about average.

P.S. If tobacco was a resource then the Shire should be covered with it!
                        If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

Maybe 7 wines in the Shire area is alot, but in the rest of the world wine is very rare, so the very fine Shire-wine is highly requested in the entire world. Same with the other resources of course.

hehe, my sig works

Comment

woohoo 1100 downloads!!
                            Last edited by Hagbart; April 9, 2002, 09:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
                              Maybe 7 wines in the Shire area is alot, but in the rest of the world wine is very rare, so the very fine Shire-wine is highly requested in the entire world.
                              Dorwinion wines were very potent, check out the Hobbit and the Wood Elves.

I am not sure where you found out that wine is so rare in the rest of the world, though. In my numerous readings of Tolkien and LotR/Middle Earth, I have never come across this information. I will reread some things to be sure, but I recall Dwarves would love good drink, whether wine or ale or beer. Humans love wine also.

I am currently using your map for a game I am playing.

Comment

Well, the war against Mordor was disappointing. I took the long sea route to Mordor to be more realistic. By the time my troops landed, the Germans had lost their outlying cities and pleaded for peace with everyone except me. I took a few cities and then accepted peace. The supply line was too long to keep up the war on my own. Still, I was able to push the Germans back over their mountains.

Comment

Working...
                                X