No announcement yet.

UTILITY: Civ3 TechViewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There should be no difference between 1.16 BICs and the right version of 1.17 BICs
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

ahhh, thanks Grapmhos, I had tried this with a corrupt bic (from the bad editor). I just tested it again and it works. Now, I just need to find time to come up with some new techs.

Comment

the size of a tech window in the advisor screen varies by how many new things can be created with it, and how long the name of the tech is
        i could modify my program to do that also, but i would have to know first how much bigger it gets for each new thing, maybe after i implemented the export function.
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Lemmy: It gets as wide as a standard small icon, 32 pixels I believe, give a few for space between icons. The windows are also a lot fatter than your buttons. One question is if the appearance of Space Flight tech is hardcoded or if tech windows expand vertically as well.

Gramphos: Ok it might be theoretically improbable but none-the-less my bic file became corrupted after I used the program. I experienced the same error as I did before the new-new patch; the game would refuse to load.
          Last edited by MonsterMan; February 24, 2002, 08:47.
          MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterMan
            Gramphos: Ok it might be theoretically improbable but none-the-less my bic file became corrupted after I used the program. I experienced the same error as I did before the new-new patch; the game would refuse to load.
            Are you user you have the right BIC-version?

Could you post the BIC, så kan jag titta på den lite senare.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Gramphos: When civ3.com reuploaded the patch, I installed it again and then it worked, which it didn't earlier. So yep it's the most up-to-date version. If you want you can download the bic from my angelfire page (link in sig) it's the pjj_mod.zip which is ~ 500kb.

Comment

here is my bic that it just now corrupted. If it helps to understand what corrupted here is what happened:

I edited 3 ages of techs and was in the middle of the fourth when i realized i had left a prereq off one of the techs. I opened up the civ3 editor and added the prereq, everything was fine then at least (hadn't tried it in game though). Anyways, now I went back to the techviewer, finished the job, and the saved and tried to load it in the actual game. Corrupted. It also crashes the editor now when I try to load it into the editor.

I will try use it to get x and y coordinates though. grar, it won't even load up in the tech viewer anymore. wtf?!

BTW, Lemmy, can you please make the x and y coordinates of all the techs print into a text file so we can manually add them ourselves if you cant figure out why it is corrupting?

see attached:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mizaq; February 24, 2002, 19:18.

Comment

it's probably corrupted because you edited the file in the bic editor while the program was open, because when it saves, it reads the opened file again to copy parts of it, so you can't modify that file then, at least i think that's what happened, i'll change that and see if it works.

BTW, Lemmy, can you please make the x and y coordinates of all the techs print into a text file so we can manually add them ourselves if you cant figure out why it is corrupting?
                  i'm currently working on an export function, i'll also put the x and y coords in there.
                  <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy
                    it's probably corrupted because you edited the file in the bic editor while the program was open, because when it saves, it reads the opened file again to copy parts of it, so you can't modify that file then, at least i think that's what happened, i'll change that and see if it works.
                    Yes, that might be what happened to me.

Comment

there might be a little delay in the next update, i formatted my hd today, and i meant to make a back-up of all my source files, but i forgot....so i'll have to start over again...

Comment

it seems that i did make a back-up of my files, it's not the most recent version, but i won't have to start all over now

Comment

Working...
                        X