UTILITY: Civ3 TechViewer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTILITY: Civ3 TechViewer

here's a little utility i made, it allows you to view the civ3 tech-tree as in the science advisor screen without having to start civ3.

you can also change and save the location of the advances.

it's written in Java and there are two versions, an exe version and a jar version, to run the jar version, you need to download the JRE, available at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/jre/, for the exe version you need the Microsoft JVM, which comes standard with win98, not sure about newer versions.

current version is 1.2, works with 1.17, if you have the right patch.
    Last edited by Lemmy; February 24, 2002, 05:01.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

the jar version
    Attached Files
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

the exe version
      Attached Files

Comment

now let's find a moderator to move this to the files forum

Comment

Bug with encoding.

Hi, Lemmy,

Good idea, but where my Cyrillics?
          CiviPort

Comment

Cyrillics?
            and what bug?

Comment

exe version crush on win2K (P4), CPU illegal instraction NTVDs, something like this.
              Check my SF mod

Aliens Legacy

Comment

yeah, i wasn't sure the exe would work on newer windows versions, it has something to do with the MS Virtual Machine for Java, it was standard with w98, but not with newer versions, you can probably download it somewhere from microsoft's site

If you download the JRE, the jar should work fine, it's a couple of MB's, but you only need to download it once, then you can run all Java programs.

Comment

Could you make an option that exports all tech stats (i.e the ones you get when you click on them) to a text file. That would make it easier to make a readme.

Comment

Could you make an option that exports all tech stats (i.e the ones you get when you click on them) to a text file. That would make it easier to make a readme.
                    no problem,
                    but how exactly do you want this, i can create a text file for each tech that you choose, or put them all in one file, seperate files are easier to make, but may not be easy to use.

Comment

I just used this on with 1.17f and it says "cannot open the scenario, it may be corrupt."

All I did was move bronze working to the opposite corner so I could see if it worked, and I got the error message when trying to load the bic.

Comment

hmm, i didn't test it yet with 1.17f, cos i haven't dowloaded the patch yet, i'll download it tommorow and see what needs to be changed.

Comment

it would be better as one

Comment

I love You guys, You are my heroes
                            Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                            religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

The proggie corrupts bics version 1.17 so the file should be deleted from this post until it is updated. But it only set me back 15 minutes so I'm not mad (I *did* do a backup almost before I used it).

Otherwise I'm not too sure about its usefulness, sorry... the size of a tech window in the advisor screen varies by how many new things can be created with it, and how long the name of the tech is, so if I used the proggie my advisor screen would be all screwed up. A novel idea, and I applaud it, but ultimately Civ3 works faster.
                              MonsterMan's Mod: http://www.angelfire.com/amiga/civ3/

Comment

Working...
                              X