Size: Standard Map
    Ocean coverage: 60%
    Land form: Continents
    Climate: Wet
    Temperature: Temperate
    Barbarians: Villages only
    Civilization: Indians
    Level: Monarch
    Opponents: 11 (Rome, Germany, China, Japan, Aztecs, Zululand, England, Greece, Babylon, Persia, Egypt)
    Corruption: 20 Cities
    Huts: Removed
    Victory types allowed: All
    Version: 1.16f

note the different Corruption setting(default:16)
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

if you have problem downloading rename the file "tournament.zip"
    if you have IE 5.5 you shouldnt have any problems

in any case, alternative location: http://apolyton.net/civ3/tournaments...urnament-6.zip
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MarkG; February 9, 2002, 10:03.

Comment

starting location
      Attached Files

Comment

Is the corruption level integrated into this save or do I have to change it manually?
        If it is integrated will it then change my civ3mod settings so that the next game I start will be on that level too?

Comment

Originally posted by 7EA
          Is the corruption level integrated into this save or do I have to change it manually?
          If it is integrated will it then change my civ3mod settings so that the next game I start will be on that level too?
          Corruption levels are saved in each map regardless of if the rules are included or not.

A save will never edit civ3mod.bic, but can overrie it for that save (you can see if the save does that by checking if the science advisor has the generated lines. Instead of the predrawn.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Would it be considered cheating if you read what other people post about the game when you haven't finished it yourself? For example if someone writes "and I colonized the island to the east", then you would have an advantage in knowing that an island exists to the east and you probably wouldn't go west to look for one. That could make a big difference in score and year of victory.
            I myself try to avoid reading these posts because I find the game more interesting when I don't know such things.

BTW thank you for your answer to my corruption question.

Comment

what does this corruption paramater imply? any city past the 20th will produce only one shield and one commerce?

I believe the standard corruption parameter is 32 (could be wrong, I have never tweaked the game), does that mean that the cities in this map will tend to be more corrupted than they usually are, because of the lowest corruption parameter?

anyway, I have to finish tourny #5 because starting this one.
              heck, I haven't even finished tourny #4
              Last edited by philler; February 11, 2002, 05:45.

Comment

Originally posted by philler
                I believe the standard corruption parameter is 32 (could be wrong, I have never tweaked the game)
                the default valaue for this map size is 16. so you'll have less corruption

Comment

Yes ! when You release de 7th?
                  Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                  religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Hello everybody :-)

I'm new to the tournament stuff and I have some questions:

How do you remove the HUTS?
                    Which icon is which for ocean coverage (the 50%, 60% or 70%)?
                    How do you set up the corruption for the tournament at 20?

I tried the download for the tournament but could not open it, what are the steps to follow?

Thank you very much
                    Yovarei, The King!

Comment

Hi!

I can't start 6th game: it crashes CIVILIZATION3.EXE during load game. Is it my problem only or not? ( patch 1.16 is installed )
                      I never seen such problem with SAV files from current forum.

Comment

I've just read that patch 1.17f should be released this friday. I would assume that those of use who have not submitted our tournament games should wait to install the patch.

MarkG I really enjoy these these tournament games and would like to help. Please let me know what I can do.
                        Last edited by White Elk; February 15, 2002, 10:38.

Comment

Originally posted by Yovarei
                          How do you remove the HUTS?
                          Which icon is which for ocean coverage (the 50%, 60% or 70%)?
                          How do you set up the corruption for the tournament at 20?
                          None of the above is neccessary to play this game. It's ready to play. You can find the answers to those questions in other parts of this excellent forum.

I tried the download for the tournament but could not open it, what are the steps to follow?
                          Were you able to actually install the tourny game into the Civ save file?

Koro did you try the alternate download link?
                          Last edited by White Elk; February 13, 2002, 03:31.

Comment

Originally posted by White Elk
                            I've just read that patch 1.17f should be released this friday. I would assume that those of use who have not submitted our tournament games should wait to install the patch.
                            if you are playing the tournament and wish to submit a game, you should first finish the tournament game and then install the patch

Comment

Originally posted by White Elk

None of the above is neccessary to play this game. It's ready to play. You can find the answers to those questions in other parts of this excellent forum.

I will try again.

Were you able to actually install the tourny game into the Civ save file?

No I wasn't. I will try again to download and open the zip file. I'm crossing my fingers.

Thank you White Elk :-)

Koro did you try the alternate download link?
                              Yovarei, The King!

Comment

Working...
                              X