MAPS: The Star Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAPS: The Star Series

Hello all! I am uploading a series of maps that I have made for Civ3. All are standard-sized, but with starting locations for 16 civ's. Play as many as you like, but I can assure you, 16 is fun! Each map is named after a star, so think of it as playing on the "3rd Rock From the Sun of Vega" etc. Read each description included as you begin playing the map, for a clue as to what each world holds. I am first uploading Betelgeuse, which has a definite twist to it. Play it and don't peek at the map first, for a definite challenge! Enjoy these maps, and feedback/constructive criticism is welcome!
    -Daryl
    Attached Files
    My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Castor map

Here is the Castor map. -Daryl
    Attached Files

Comment

Pollux map

Here is the Pollux map that I made.
      -Daryl
      Attached Files

Comment

Fomalhaut

Here is the Fomalhaut world map. This was the scene of my first space-race victory! -Daryl
        Attached Files

Comment

Vega

Here is the map of a planet in the Vega star system. Hope you enjoy it! -Daryl
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello all! After achieving my first domination victory in the Betelgeuse scenario, I am now uploading my Lyra scenario and map. Hope you enjoy it!
            -Daryl
            Attached Files

Comment

Great maps!

Bravo Daryl!

I encountered your twist in Betelgeuse around 20AD. Incredable!
              I love how you packed eeryone close together to start. Very nice.

The map is wonderful as well. very well designed. Playing the rest will be great.

"Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

The Sons of Onah

Thank you, Fezick! I try.

Wish scenario creation tools were on the scale of Civ 2. At least I have now created one with a bit of a storyline. It is my Antares scenario. I also call it "The Sons of Onah". Onah and his family escaped a great flood on his planet in the Antares star system, by building a huge ship. Once the waters began to recede, the ship came to rest in some mountains. From there, the sons of Onah set out to re-settle the planet. It is said that up to 16 of his sons undertook this task, with each one forming a tribe of their own. Will the sons of Onah co-operate, and build a peaceful and prosperous, post-flood world? Or will Antares degenerate into petty rivalries, backstabbing, deceit and warfare?

You can help write this story! Download the scenario here:
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Quasar1011; January 31, 2002, 15:06.

Comment

Hello again... I am uploading 2 more maps at this time, my Altair and Regulus scenarios. Both again playable as standard-sized maps, with 16 civs available from the start. Altair is a bit of an inverse world, with the land-water ratio and distribution opposite of what you would normally expect. Hope you enjoy these!
                  -Daryl
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Quasar1011; February 7, 2002, 18:57.

Comment

Regulus

And here is Regulus .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Civvers! I have made another map, Denebola. This is again a standard-sized map with 16 starting locations. There are 8 continents, so there are 2 civs per continent. Strategic resources are in short supply , so whichever civs have the stragetic advantages will have the best chance of survival on Denebola. Hope you enjoy this one!
                      -Daryl
                      Attached Files

Comment

Too many resources/luveries

I must say that with the exception of Denebola all these maps are suffering from one major flaw. Way too many luxeries and resources. That is the strategic edge that different civs get at different times in history. Say you are playing as the babylonians and the the persians share your continent. The persians have iron close by and you don't. You must make any concession they ask of you are you die, but come the future you have rubber and oil. Now roles are reversed. It is all part of the srategy. Your maps are great for begginers and those that wish not be challenged, but they lack the essance of what Firaxis was trying to do to the civ series. Add to the complexity of gameplay by adding things that actually exist in the world around us. Would the United Arab Emerits be such a political force in our world if they didn't have a large portion of oil. Would Jamica have nearly the money supply it has if it wasn't one of the worlds largest suppliers of Bauxite ( Al(OH)3 in lamens terms Aluminum ), or South Africa which is the worlds largest supplier of Gold and Platinum.
                        All acquisition of knowledge is an enlargement of the Self.

Comment

Nice work

nice maps, but i´m with SkateNate too much resources.
                          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Hi all, it's been awhile since I have uploaded a map. But here is one I call Markab. It has starting locations for 16 civs. There are 4-8 of each resource available, so civ's may have to fight for what they need. I just downloaded patch 1.29.f, so maybe I will be able to put some new map ideas into practice. Hope you enjoy this one!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Some of the maps mention Iroquois being replaced by Sylvanians, but they are not, is this a bug or mistake ???
                              Unfairly Banned at Civfanatics twice...
                              To protest the war I am using the UN Flag - Howard has said most Australians are for the war so clearly I am not an Aussie.

Comment

Working...
                              X