GRAPHIC: stone roads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GRAPHIC: stone roads

Ok guys, I F'D with the road pallette and turned the roads to stone. It was very easy. The results are uh... umm... ok. They're different, though I think we're on the right track.

The file:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by cassembler; January 16, 2002, 14:50.
    "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

A screenshot:
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm not sure this uploaded correctly. I can't seem to get the thing to unzip.

Jeff

Comment

Alright guys... don't download it yet... I used Winace to zip in and maybe um... it um... fubred it...

Comment

also remember that apolyton changes it to attachment, and this has causes a few files (especially self extracting ones) not to open even after i renamed it to the right extention

could have happened here maybe

Comment

Re: GRAPHIC: stone roads

Originally posted by cassembler
            Ok guys, I F'D with the road pallette and turned the roads to stone. It was very easy. The results are uh... umm... ok. They're different, though I think we're on the right track.

The file:
            Thanks for the effort. I'm thinking though I might try to use this for my Railroad graphics. At least there's a colour difference, and it's bound to look better than the current Railroad all over the place.

Comment

Here's another image:
              Attached Files

Comment

It works not.

Comment

I dunno... Apolyton doesn't like my zip files. Some people have had success by ranming the "attachment" file to "attachment.zip"
                  Anyway, screw these roads anyways. I have thin stone roads AND thin brown roads comming anyways, and there's a really cool city sprawl mod by Blueo (sp?)

Comment

Boo hoo.

But I wanted these roads. Waah.

Comment

Roads + Railroads

Has anyone thought of upgrading roads to highways with either the development of mass transit in each city, or as an overall map upgrade following the attainmenmt of Industrialization. In addition it would seem logical to have railroads as an add-on to highways; not a replacement for same. The railroad paths could be straight lines or semi-straight lines between cities. Just seems more logical to me.

Comment

Re: Roads + Railroads

Originally posted by latenight
                        Has anyone thought of upgrading roads to highways with either the development of mass transit in each city, or as an overall map upgrade following the attainmenmt of Industrialization. In addition it would seem logical to have railroads as an add-on to highways; not a replacement for same. The railroad paths could be straight lines or semi-straight lines between cities. Just seems more logical to me.
                        Unfortunately Roads/Railroads etc. are hard coded into the game for the most part. There's no ability to make any changes as to how they function, except for the commerce bonus. I agree, it makes more sense than having railroads everywhere.

Comment

I agree. Pity it is hardcoded, as it could perhaps lessen the AI's penchant to put track in every land suqare on the face of the Planet. I think, and this is, of course, wishful thinking, if it were possible to have 2 sets of workers. One that does roads and one that does railroads. If you have the one that builds roads, then it would only build roads. And vice versa. Of course, not much sense in it. Oh well.

But I digress. I think, having the ability to set parameters for the AI(heck have a pop-up box with little boxes I can check to specify what I want the worker to do, and have the worker do that specific job until it has finished it). And yes, I know that there are commands you can give for building roads/railroads to cities, but more often than not, the worker will take a completely circuitous route to the desired endpoint, thus wasiting valuable time. And when you have 150 workers in 2000 well, doing each one singly is beyond patient. it is a lesson in humility!
                          Hey, whas tha pointy thing, and why is it sticking in the ground? And why is there a human head on it... Oh damn.

Comment

Originally posted by cassembler
                            Anyway, screw these roads anyways. I have thin stone roads AND thin brown roads comming anyways, and there's a really cool city sprawl mod by Blueo (sp?)
                            I'll have to keep my eyes open for those...

Thanks, they look nice!
                            "There's screws loose, bearings
                            loose --- aye, the whole dom thing is
                            loose, but that's no' the worst o' it."
                            -- "Mr. Glencannon" - Guy Gilpatrick

Comment

Hey anyone who's thinking about downloading these roads might want to check out the THIN BROWN ROADS mod (*still*) in the creation forum...

Comment

Working...
                              X