Firaxis Games Public Beta Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firaxis Games Public Beta Team

Firaxis Games is recruiting roughly 25 individuals, over the age of 21, who live in the United States, and would be willing to help us test patches and possibly future projects. If you're interested and meet the above criteria, please send an email to beta@firaxis.com. Put 'Public Beta Application' in the subject and include (in the following format):

1. Your Name
    2. Date of Birth
    3. City and State
    4. Amount of time available to dedicate to testing
    5. Why you want to participate (1 paragraph or less)

If you're selected, we'll contact you through email in the coming weeks. Thanks and good luck!

Jeff

Apolyton's suggestions to the people who will want to mail Firaxis:
    1) Only send a mail if you meet the criteria(that's a good way to help Firaxis as well!)
    2) Dont expect a "Thank you, but no" reply. There's going to be a flood...

Jeff, check the news
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Is the reason for the criteria that the testers need to be bound to American law? or is it just administrative reasons?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        Is the reason for the criteria that the testers need to be bound to American law? or is it just administrative reasons?
        i'd say both...

Comment

That must be a joke! Is it April 1, yet?
          Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

What's wrong with you guys, have something against college students?

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to use persuasion to get a look at those patches and help your programers who dont know jack about civ.

Comment

It's a shame that they only want those in the US.

Doesn't the Civ series have at least as much support in Europe as in the USA?

Judging by the posters here at Apolyton there are more Europeans than anyone else.
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Johnson
                dont know jack about civ.
                that's a good line in order to get on the team

MrWhereItsAt, it's not about having fans in europe or not. it's most probably easier to manage a group if the geographical area of the participants is smaller...

Comment

Hey mark, I'm 19 so I can be bitter if I want!

And face it, me and you know more about civ than some programer they pick up off the street. And they don't want you cause your greek. Come on and fight the system, it doesn't hurt if you've already been outcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Johnson
                    And face it, me and you know more about civ than some programer they pick up off the street.
                    yes frank, the people who worked on civ3 every for the last 2.5 years know nothing about civ...

Comment

Comment

I'm 23, 11 years of civ experience..........
                        but I'm from europe......... thus I can't apply

c'mon Jeffrey, please don't stick to the 'only from the USA' requirement.............
                        Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          yes frank, the people who worked on civ3 every for the last 2.5 years know nothing about civ...
                          Yes markG, for the same reasons that building engineers don't always make great architects.

Some of them do though...
                          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

Headline News!!! Civ3 goes beta and is looking for public participants to help out. However, you will stay be able to purchase your early stage game of Civ3 for $50 at your local electronic store.

I guess it's better late than never for Firaxis to do this.
                            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWins
                              I guess it's better late than never for Firaxis to do this.
                              i think you should bold the more important part of your post instead

Comment

Working...
                              X