Negative numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Negative numbers

Does anyone know how the game responds to negative numbers in certain slots?

For instance, I was thinking of a Television Station "improvement".

Increases Gold by 50%
    Decreases Culture by 10 every turn.
    This is just one example of the "sacrifice improvement". Other ideas:

Pork Barrel
    Increases Production 25%
    Decreases Gold 50%

Black Market
    Increases Gold 25%
    Decreases Production 50%

Other ideas- an improvement that provides a steady constant income (fixed negative maintenance cost)
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

try it.
    If it works in the editor, it probably also works in the game, because the editor checks the values.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

That's a laugh.

Comment

The game supports negative value at most weird places. I guess it would be possible to put negative maintenance.

If you put a negative value to the movements used in a save you will get more movements.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Negative culture seems to work, but not for barracks it seems.. wonders and other improvements work to an extent, though when my harbors produce -1 (as they are millitary ports really) they seem to take off -2 instead?!.

It only shows negative cult in the culture advisor, where my city of Marseilles produces -1 culture!

Neg cult could be great for factories where the mundane repetitive production makes a less interesting culture.

Millitary units reducing culture shows the absence of freedom affecting peoples creative/cultural stimulation.. so they want to revolt to less millitarisitic, free-er cultures.

The main problem may be the city screen dosen't add up culture correctly, but the game seems to know how to use it.

damn hippies
          I think someone made another Negative culture mod early on.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral PJ
            Neg cult could be great for factories where the mundane repetitive production makes a less interesting culture.
            Here old textile factories are culture...
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

How about
              McDonalds Takeout: replaces Granary, requires Burghah resource (only available from the US of A), gives -15 culture , -1 happiness, and chance of nuclear meltdown every turn in revolt (too many burgers dropped behind the gridiron cause a critical weight of radioactive burgers and *KABOOEY* )

We have textile factory museums near here too.. you'd get more culture if you knocked them down and put a Brothel in their place

Seriously.. I think culture could be seen as a measure of a nations 'civility' how peaceful and culturally rich it is.. with things like Secret police and Government controlled TV reducing this to make a more millitaristic culture instead.

Comment

Has anyone played around with negative numbers in the pollution model? I've tried it a bit but can't say I've seen any real effect.

Of course, it'd be nice to know more about how that model works anyhow. Ah, for the days when you could get your hands on hard data...
                If I'd known then what I know now, I'd never have done all the stuff that led me to what I know now...

Former member, MOO3 Road Kill...er, Crew

Comment

Admiral PJ, the harbors would produce -2 culture because culture doubles after 1000 years.

Comment

Working...
                  X