No announcement yet.

FIXED! Screwed up fonts making things unreadable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Marauder34 for the advice. I tried everything you said but still end up with Error 13. So I guess in the mean time I will stick with Civ 3 and see what infogrames has to tell me. If infogrames has any good suggestions I will post them. Enjoy PTW!

Comment

One thing Coyote...

Did you install PTW like I said, and restart the computer (no installing the patch). I can play without the patch if I restart immediately after installing the game from the cd (NO PATCH). I have not gotten the patch to work yet, but I can play PTW at least.

Comment

Hi Marauder34

I did everything exactly as you said. Still go this error 13 thing. Anyway enjoy PTW. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Hi everyone

I finally got some words from infogrames. They have solved my problem and I am now able to play PTW. Here is what they said

We've seen that kind of problem on systems with too many fonts, or a particular font that conflicts with our program. First, reduce the number of fonts on your system to 200 or less. That done, use your Fonts control panel to look for all of the fonts labeled Lucida, and remove them from the font folder. It isn't necessary that you delete those fonts, but they must
          be removed from the font folder. Next, make a copy of all of the fonts in the Civ 3 folder, and copy them to the font folder.

I am gonna enjoy PTW after 2 weeks of waiting.

Comment

Is that with the patch installed too? Or does it just work without patch?

Comment

Originally posted by coyotetw

We've seen that kind of problem on systems with too many fonts, or a particular font that conflicts with our program. First, reduce the number of fonts on your system to 200 or less. That done, use your Fonts control panel to look for all of the fonts labeled Lucida, and remove them from the font folder. It isn't necessary that you delete those fonts, but they must
              be removed from the font folder. Next, make a copy of all of the fonts in the Civ 3 folder, and copy them to the font folder.

So am I, but after 7 weeks, and buying a new OS ! I can't believe it could be so simple.

Congratulations to everyone !
              (Apart from Firaxis/IG for letting it run so long and making the problem in the first place, but then the did say clearly how tho fix it so... doh )

-jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Hi Marauder34

I did it without the patch. However, I installed the patch afterward everything runs smoothly. I assume that having the patch installed before making adjustments should have no problem

Comment

WHY IS THIS BUG STILL NOT MENTIONED IN THE BUG LIST STICKY???? I scanned the bug list, didn't find it, and thought I was the only one to have it. Only a completely unrelated search got me here now by accident.

It seems to be the LucidaSansRegular that's the culprit for Civ3. I don't have PTW, so can't say about those problems.

Comment

Originally posted by coyotetw
                    Hi everyone

I finally got some words from infogrames. They have solved my problem and I am now able to play PTW. Here is what they said

Forgive me for resurrecting such an old thread, but the quoted post fixed the "Error Loading Font (error 28)" issue I'd been having.
                    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Thanks for this incredibly helpful thread! I've been looking for a way to solve my text problems in Civ3 for a while now (text appeared double-spaced and diplomacy was messed up) and this was the only method that worked.

Comment

So I guess there isn't any point for me to move this file to PTW folder.
                        animated funny picturesfunny pranks
                        funny cats

Comment

Working...
                        X