War Weariness details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Weariness details

Has anybody discovered anything about the details of how War Weariness works? The Greeks attacked my great Russian Democracy (the miserable schlubs), and I played my favorite strategy of "Capital Hunting". It seems to help with keeping cities that have been conquered to take the capital, then, if it moves someplace close to where your forces are, take that too, but I digress. Anyway, I was locked into the war because I had an MPP with France, and I just watched as my population got more and more tired of the war. Once I could, I backed out, and everybody got happy again. About 10 years later, I asked the Greeks (politely) to move there stupid Hoplites away from my Modern Armor in my territory (ok, it was theirs a while ago), and they declared war.

This is the question part. My population went back to being just as unhappy with the war as they had been at the end of the last one!

So, does war weariness only wear off slowly vs. time? Does it get calculated based on who you are fighting? (i.e., could I have fought somebody I'd never fought before and not been as weary?) I liked the slow buildup (much better than the old senate), but the immediate 60% and higher "All we're sayin is give peace a chance" numbers were real killers.

thanks
    Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

This endless war situation is out of hand. In the few games I have played, once war breaks out you can forget ever being at peace again. In one game I have been at war with the English for a hundred years, they for an aliance with one civ for twenty turns who beg me for peace, and so then the English rope another civ into a war they can't win, and then another.... The English are on the other side of my Huge map, and they keep me busy fighting someone in between (smart on the AI's part I guess). Usually though, it's the rotating war first one then the next, then the next..., Enough! I'm war weary!

It's the human player and he's winning, lets declare war even though he's done nothing to us. Maybe I should play for third place

All I can say is does the AI not have its citizens screaming "All we're sayin is give peace a chance"? I know I am!
    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

it seems that war weariness takes into account a lot of things from my experiences. For example, when i was fighting the zulus who were on the same continent as me, my ppl got really unhappy, but when i fought the germans who were located overseas, and were at war with 4 different nations ( they were no threat), my ppl didn't seem to mind.

Comment

I didn't notice any war weariness when I was a democracy. I declared war on the romans during the industrial age, I had like 10 cities and Rome was, well, Rome. It turned out they a MPP with India on the other side of my boarder , so although I quikly took out Rome, I was in what seemed a 30 turn war (ouch). As it progressed, I found that all of my cities had no unhappy people, it turned out that my Chapel wonder must have paid off. After 30 turns or so, India gave up and I forced them to surrender, we then traded world maps and a wouldn't you, those damn Romans must have snuck a settler out there because he created another city! What a mess.

BTW: This was on Monarch.
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

According to the Civilopedia, Universal Suffrage decreases war weariness in all of your cities. Does anyone know how this works? Is it a value decreased by a factor of X, or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Paine
            According to the Civilopedia, Universal Suffrage decreases war weariness in all of your cities. Does anyone know how this works? Is it a value decreased by a factor of X, or what?
            It seems to be factor based on the number of cities you control. What the factor is is unclear.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
            X