X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All I wanted from an editor!

You know what I wanted from Civ3?
    Civ2 with less limits in editing:
    More troop slots (at least 256, if not 512 or 1024)
    allowing all possible choices of what the troop does
    More building slots with choices in what the building does
    More wonder slots with choices in what the wonder does
    More technology slots with up to 8 required techs.
    More terrain slots, I found out the earth has about 14 or so different climate types that produce varying animals/materials/difficultys, so lets go for 16
    material requirements for techs/building/troops/wonders

Troop/building/wonder techs required to build, up to 8

A racial maker in the games opening screen (choose face, building types, strengths, weaknesses, motto) so not only can you design the world your about to play, but also the race your about to play.

multiple road/river types, at least 8 choices, and have the 'movement cost reduction' divide the land not the troops movement (moving via road across mountains should still be slower)

You know what I got from that whole list?
    Material requirements for troops (p.s. which can be a real pain in the butt, I played a small map that had no iron)

but at the cost of having no editing abilities? PAH

I love all the extra stuff, they put alot of time and effort into alot of new great implementaions, at the cost of the original ideas.

p.s. notice the numbers? computer friendly!
    Too many slots/choices
    0.00%
    Thats about right
    26.09%
    Not enough slots/choices
    56.52%
    what are you on about?
    17.39%
    EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

You're not the only one dissappointed by the lacklustre editor!!
    What I really wanted was the ability to ADD all new units, improvements etc with
    CUSTOM abilities and requirements!! I also wanted to be able to edit the existing abilities that you could give units/wonders etc. Unfortunately, it doesn't really seem to be possible. Though I hope this will be solved with the patch!!

Yours,
    The_Aussie_Lurker

Comment

It's funny, but the only thing I wanted is what I didn't think wouldn't exist until I used it. A freakin' mini map!!! I mean, how the heck am I supposed to create a world (especially life-like) if I can't see what I'm doing? I'm a big picture person on top of it so it's drving me crazy.

Comment

Couldn´t agree with you more, Altauria.
        That was the first thing that surprised me when I first opened up the editor. It´s all a mystery to me.

Comment

definatley requires a mini-map

I only managed to get my previous worlds working becasue I had mapped them out in Campaign cartographer with a isosemetric grid overlay,
          EFR RPG GAME Designer, E.F.R. Forums The Coyn: Fantasy Mod for Civ3:Conquests

Comment

I ain´t got my old paper drawings left so I´ll have to do it again or - prefering that - translate the maps I made for Civ2 to paper and start from there. It´s easy but it´ll take some time.
            How could "they" do this to us?

Comment

Definatly the most important thing missing is an actually SCENARIO editor. I mean COME ON - no ability to place units/cities or change the date, etc. Not even the ability to choose where civs start! What is this?
              "There are two kinds of travel book: One is a guide for tourists, and the other is almost invariably written by Bill Bryson."
              - Sam Waldron

Comment

A mini map and scenario creation is what i want
                John Plavchan

Comment

Working...
                X