No announcement yet.

I added more xp levels, my first mod :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I added more xp levels, my first mod :)

i haven't tested this in the game yet, but the bic-file loads in the editor. So if anyone else could test it, please.

The program i made to do it is in the attachment.
    unzip it to any directory

you can edit xp.txt to make your own experience levels also.
    this is what xp.txt looks like now:
    Conscript
    Regular
    Veteran
    Expert
    Elite

first the total number of xp levels, and then the name and the number of hitpoints per level.

once xp.txt is editted run the program, and the new xp levels will be in xpmod.bic

the program reads from civ3mod.bic untill it encounters the place where the xp levels are stored, then it reads from xp.txt and converts that too the bic-format, once the levels are written, the rest of civ3mod.bic is copied.
    For now you can't replace my civ3mod.bic with your own civ3mod.bic yet, unless it's exactly the same. But i'll change that soon.
    Attached Files
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Cool, can you notify me once you have tested it in the game (I've added support for it in C3CT a long time ago, but as I havn't had time to see how the upgrades did I couldn't make it visible)

And I've not had so mush time to test things.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

if i get home early today i'll test it.

another thing about the program, there is no output visible or anything, so you don't know when it's done.
      To see it's done click on xpmod.bic and check the size of it, if it is around 100kb then the program is done.
      <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.

Comment

i tested it, and i don't think it really works with extra xp levels .

first the xp.txt :
        Bad (Conscript)
        Normal (Regular)
        Good (Veteran)
        Better (Elite)
        Best (new)

I made 5 levels, from bad to best, bad has 3 hp, best has 11.
        I started a game as the romans, they are militaristic, so it would be easier to see units promote. Next i built some units, they were Normal, as expected with 5 hp. Few turns later i encountered barbarians with 3 hp, Bad, also as expected. I fought them and won and got promoted to Good, fought some more barbarians and got promoted to Better, which would be elite in a normal game. But after that, it didn't matter how much battles i won, the unit didn't promote to Best.
        And the message you get on the screen saying "Our Regular [unit] is now a Veteran", stayed the same because that is defined in script.txt.
        from script.txt:
        #UNITPROMOTIONREG
        Our conscript $UNIT0 becomes a Regular.

#UNITPROMOTIONVET
        Our Regular $UNIT0 is now a Veteran.

#UNITPROMOTIONELITE
        Our Veteran $UNIT0 is now Elite!

so there's a fixed number of xp levels. You can't have more than 4

Comment

Working...
        X