No announcement yet.

GRAPHIC: a little graphic change i made to the mines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does nobody agree with me ? Does nobody want to give Sid's team respect? oh well ...
    Well i don't think iconizing stuff is showing disrespect althought i wouldn't iconize it. Could make smaller,tiny mines or whatever but iconize not.

I'm not altering anything gameplay oriented

That´s why i only use graphicall mods or small graphic changes. They do not alter gameplay.

Anyway good work you made on those maps.

Good gaming to you too.
    I do not want to achieve immortality threw my work. I want to achieve it threw not dying - Woody Allen

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunine
      I'm not altering anything gameplay oriented

That´s why i only use graphicall mods or small graphic changes. They do not alter gameplay.

Anyway good work you made on those maps.

Good gaming to you too.
      I don't mind small graphic changes ... sn00py's raised land is great (in my opinion), and these mines are as well. Evan's mood badges are a good idea too, in my mind. But I just don't like the idea of totally disbanding something in place of an Icon, and I know that nobody has yet done that - but people on this thread are/were talking about it so i just had to say something.

Graphic changes are taste-oriented, and I don't expect the Civ creation and art team to be able to appease everyone. They did their best, and some people (including myself) like pretty much everything ... but small changes that I like that people have taken the time and effort to create, I download and use.

You can argue opinions all you want, but defending them is impossible

But i'm still against all these major mods people are coming out with ... personally, i can wait for the patch that is supposedly coming out next week (keep your fingers crossed! )

Cheers!
      ~Alex
      "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
      -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

The two maps that came with the game where totally pants. Actually, i havnt really looked at the standard size one but the huge map of earth is rubbish - a very poor representation.

Lucky for him this isnt a soviet world or he'd be surely branded enemy of the people and exiled to siberia for that

By the way, firaxis map designer - perhaps its not too late to redeem yourself - maybe if you actually design a decent map you will have a clear consciensce again!

Comment

Working...
        X