Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious bug: AI takes two turns in a row!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious bug: AI takes two turns in a row!

Serious bug: AI takes two turns in a row!

In my latest huge 16-civ game I started noticing that the enemy civs seamed to catch up with me a bit to fast. Then I noticed that the French who had been marching a huge army through my empire had gotten a bit to far for my liking.

I asked the French to pull out, which they did. The next turn however I noticed that they had a large stack of ‘Tanks’ that had advanced 4 squares into my cultural sphere. I asked them to pull out again and paid attention to the next AI turn to see them move in again. Sure enough, they moved twice. First the French moved almost straight after me, and then after a few other civs had moved they moved again.

I have the .sav file where this can be repeated, but it’s over 9Mb so until I get my ADSL up on the 5th of Dec. I’m not going to be mailing it to Firaxis.

I consider this to be the worst of the bugs I have seen so far. I am hoping this is a problem with my save game, or at least only a problem with 9+ civs. Has anyone else seen anything like this?

-Alech
    "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Interesting. (Both the bug and the big SAV)

Is it 9 MB zipped?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Wow... It zips to 666kb... A bit to big to post here but I can mail it to anyone who would like to take a look at it.

-Alech
      "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

it zips to 666 ... and i thought your bug was weird
        Fool me once, shame on you.
        Fool me twice, shame on me

Comment

Nope never saw that happen. Did you see if your cities have reduced the growth and production turns left by 1?

lol jbavon

Comment

i have seen their warriors and pikemen walk 2 spaces in enemy (i.e. my) territory. and i have seen those same units walk 2 squares through unroaded grasslands in neutral territory, also.
            I thought i had seen it before, but i more recently saw them do it 2 times in a row, which is what made me pay attention now.

Comment

Working...
            X