X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday comes
    And Friday goes
    But 2.15 it never shows
    The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
    Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

• Gee I hope you are trying to be cute, or have you not learned what tact is yet. Sorry if I am comming of as irritated, but I am.
      Yours in gaming,
      ~Luc

Comment

• My Dad did not teach me "tact" he taught me "Couth". You seem tp be a little "thin skined". Mybe you "Bit Off More Than You Can Chew"?
        The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.

Comment

• More than I can chew? Hmmm, did you think perhaps I was irritated by things other than Civ3?

Evidentially, he did not teach you patience either. You sounded more like an impatient child to me. Unless of course you were trying to be cute and I took it wrong, but, then again, you didn't say that. Instead you got defensive. You could have always just sent me an email asking what is up with the delay.

Also I am normally very patient. My responses are usually very tactful, but I just wasn't in the mood yesterday, I guess. I have bigger things going on right now that far over-shadow the mod. I have been trying to keep everyone in the know about the delays, so hopefully they will be a little patient.

Well, I apologize if I came off a little rough. The mod is depending on my co-modders right now, as I can't work on it at the moment.

You could always try the beta. As it stands the only difference between the beta and the released 2.15 when it happens is the text files and a few graphics files.
          Yours in gaming,
          ~Luc

Comment

• Elucidus

Well my attempt at poetry was ment to be taken in a light hearted manner, sorry it offended you. I had no idea that it was personal problems causing the delay, there were no post's here about that nor any info about it on your web page.

As far as using the 2.15 beta I tryed that and found that you can't unzip it without a password and when I posted about that your web master told me I could get the password if I would be a tester and since I do not play well enough to be a tester I decided to pass on the offer.

I used your mod on v1.16 and liked it and I will use 2.15 when it is released.

Comment

• Well, water over the bridge, I guess. No problem, I was just having a bad day and took it for a bad comment. I read it again, and well it does rhyme and all. I am sorry about comming off wrong.

As far as the beta. You don't have to be a "Tester" in the definition you are thinking. It would be basically let me know of any problems you find or any areas that need further balance. That is why we have so many testers, this is no one's full time job so it is on a free-time basis.

As for any personal problems, I was trying to spare the mod community of me whinning about my personal misfortunes.

Well, if you are interested in the beta let me know, most of our testers are casual testers anyway. Have fun, type at you later.
              Yours in gaming,
              ~Luc

Comment

• Originally posted by Elucidus
                So what would we need to do to make it run on the German version? Or is it just flat out impossible?
                First it would have to be downgraded to BIV version 2.10, which would mean loss of all settings added in 1.21f. But for the process of doing so it's fully possible with debug mode in C3MT

It's just to load it, then fake it to be loaded from 2.10 and save it.

The second problem would be that all units would need to be named as german units or doubles of all units folders to be created.
                Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• Great, maybe we will look into that in the future, well if there is an interest anyway.
                  Yours in gaming,
                  ~Luc

Comment

• Just to let everyone know we have not forgotten the mod. I realize it has been quite a long time since an update has been released. There are two of us that I consider the main workforce on this mod, Desert Dog and myself. Don't get me wrong, there are many individuals whose contributions helped tremendously, and are much appreciated. We have both had some personal things come up and they have taken priority over the mod. Well I can say I have dealt with my issues and come to terms with things. I am ready to get going on the mod full force again. Desert Dog told me his issues are expected to clear up sometime soon if all goes well.

Also, to let everyone know, our web-master has had problems himself and is now left with no interent access for the time being, so updates on the web-page may be a little slow at first. Please bare with us as we get everything back in order.

Take care and enjoy.

The Balancer Team
                    Yours in gaming,
                    ~Luc

Comment

• 2.15 Status

Well it is moving along nicely now that I have those personal things straightened out, sorry about that again.

I have added close to 10 or 12 new unit animations, thanks to the numerous talented individuals working on those animations. I have added quite a few Wonder Splashes mainly from Allondro and Harlan's images (although quite a few we already had).

I changed a couple of resources, because I liked a few of them better as well.

Now of course if you know the contents of the beta this will make sense otherwise, all I can say is that there are less units with duplicate animations.

I updated the civilopedia some, although I haven't added most of the new unit entries yet.
                      Yours in gaming,
                      ~Luc

Comment

• 2.15 Update 02-Jun-02 2120 CST

I have done a lot this afternoon. There are still 21 things I would like to correct before I release this bad-boy. It shouldn't take me that long, I will keep everyone updated whenever I can.

One thing I did this afternoon, was build everything in the game and use every government, just to verify every item is working correctly. I even built every wonder, so as to see the splashes, found a couple of errors on them too, so it was a good thing.

I have a screen shot of each unit on the map. It shows every units graphic; any unit that is in a stack means that there are that many units in the game that use the same graphic as it. No aircraft show up in the screen shot and, for some reason, neither do the Privateer and it's upgrade.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

• Check the web-site for more frequent updates.

http://balancer.topcities.com/
                          Yours in gaming,
                          ~Luc

Comment

• 2.15 Update

Just to let everyone know, there have been a few more updates on the website.
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

• Having been working on the readme for a while I have come to the conclusion it will take me much longer than I wanted to do it right. So for everyone I offer this pre-release of 2.15. I call it a prerelease because it is only missing certain text entries in the civilopedia and the readme.txt. All other content is fine. Go here for more info.
                              Yours in gaming,
                              ~Luc

Comment

• Well in case no one has checked out the web-page in a while, I have been working on the units_32.pcx file to make better icons for the newer units. Check out the web-page for more information.
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X