This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elucidus

I've just tried 2.12b but the right-click - change production crash (in coastal cities only) persists until i research astronomy.

just a comment about the aluminum/uranium icons. Well i should say icon coz there is only one. I don't like this change. In my opinion you shouldn't strip an important late game strategic resource icon just to implement some sort of fruit/marble/cotton. If you add apples, dates, fruits which all add +2 food but don't have an icon yet why don't you just use the wheat icon for them?

This is probably a moot point anyway coz the modded game becomes very unstable in the late industrial era anyway but yesterday i played an unmodded OCC game and the icon is still screwed.

cheers
    Egoist

Comment

• Originally posted by Egoist
      Elucidus

I've just tried 2.12b but the right-click - change production crash (in coastal cities only) persists until i research astronomy.

just a comment about the aluminum/uranium icons. Well i should say icon coz there is only one. I don't like this change. In my opinion you shouldn't strip an important late game strategic resource icon just to implement some sort of fruit/marble/cotton. If you add apples, dates, fruits which all add +2 food but don't have an icon yet why don't you just use the wheat icon for them?

This is probably a moot point anyway coz the modded game becomes very unstable in the late industrial era anyway but yesterday i played an unmodded OCC game and the icon is still screwed.

cheers
      Egoist
      Instability is fixed with the latest version that you have. However you will need to do a few things and do them in order so the program works properly. I did this on two computers now where the game was crashing alot, fixed them both.

First remove civ3 from the computer, then go into the program files directory and kill the "infrogrames interactive folder."

After that you would want to reinstall civ3, reinstall the 1.17f patch and then reinstall the newest version of the Balancer MOD. Takes care of all the problems.

Chaing
      You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

• Chaing, Thanks for the assistance. I appreciate it.

Egoist,

About the icons, I didn't like the idea to begin with myself, however a compromise was in order until a fix would be presented. I am sorry you do not like the path we have chosen, we would like to think it was the best option.

Hopefully the patch that should be realeased Friday will cover that problem and it will be a moot point. We are wishing for the patch to address a great many issues with the editor and modding in general. We have been testing the newest version of the mod, trying to get all of the little bugs and glitches out of it before we release it to the general public. It has a large number of changes that we think will enhance everyone's enjoyment of Civ3 in general, so it has taken a long time to work out the issues. It has been going pretty well the last week or two. The only other thing is we have been waiting for the latest patch to come out so we can apply the latest mod version to a freshly patched and brand new BIC. Once the patch is here we will begin porting over the currently in-testing versionof the mod.

Just so everyone is aware, I will be going on vacation starting Monday for a couple of weeks, so that may slow down the trasposition of data into the new BIC. We will see how things go and work it all out as we come to it.
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

• Hey man, I do my best to help!

Anyway I got sick of tearing out my hair trying to figure out how I could play a game past the late industrial era. And It seems I found the way to do so, only right I share it.

My system, at work (cough) ran civ3 with the latest mod perfectly fine for awhile, then all of sudden I started getting the same crashes as said above. So I went through the same process as I did at home and now everything is good again. So give it a shot and maybe it will turn out good for you as well.

I'm happy to say I've completed at least three games now with the latest release of the Balancer, without a single problem.

Chaing
          You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

• Glad to hear it. At about what age were you finished in those games? Just so I have an idea of how far was successfully tested.
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

• Note I said *released* version.. heh.. finished them all around 1996-2015 in the modern era.. Had all techs and such discovered.

And have you read about the new changes for the newest fraxis patch? Woo hoo. Alot of exciting changes in there!

Chaing

Comment

• Chaing, thanks for the tips. I'll try them as soon as can find the time. Hopefully i'll finally be able to finish a modded game =)

Elucidus, i'm looking forward to the new patch and your next release of the balancer mod. keep it up!

Egoist

Comment

• Chaing,

I read where you said "release version" but it didn't click. Sorry.

Any problems with the beta version so far? I know you would probably have let me know via email, by now. But I am just anxious about trying to get this thing out before I go on vacation.

As far as the new patch, looks like that will fix the resource images problem, amoung other things. So it looks like it will be a busy weekend. I mean other than packing.

Everyone,

Hope you like the way the mod is going. I don't want to reveal too much yet as it may change. So far though, our testers have said they have enjoyed it even more and there haven't been any game breaker problems found, a few suggestions, some very good ones too. Not finding many problems may be good or bad, we won't know until the general populace gets their hand on it.
                  Last edited by Elucidus; April 17, 2002, 18:16.
                  Yours in gaming,
                  ~Luc

Comment

• hey eluc and gang, it seems like the developers had this mod in mind when they designed 1.21. Some of the new powers the editor will have, especially when it comes to gov. specific stuff, will make this mod unbeatable!
                    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by monkspider
                      hey eluc and gang, it seems like the developers had this mod in mind when they designed 1.21. Some of the new powers the editor will have, especially when it comes to gov. specific stuff, will make this mod unbeatable!
                      Woo hoo, Monkspider still lives. But it seems those damned reds have gotten to him as well! Better be quick and call the House comittee for Unamerican Activities!

So can anyone answer a simple question here? Who exactly created this MOD? I mean I know who is in charge now, but I'm not clear on who the actual creator was. Anyway I guess that does not change the fact it does/has and will always rock!

Elucidus - Noticed a first problem with the beta version, it actually something stupid I overlooked but I'll e-mail you later with the details. Now c'mon Fraxis, whip out that patch!

Chaing

Comment

• Nice to see you again Monkspider. How's it been going? How's the family?

Chaing,

Monkspider started the mod way back when. I joined it soon after. I then lost my internet connection for a while and when I came back Monkspider was gone. So I took over. He's been popping up here and there. That is pretty much the history of it.

Now to check my email again to see what is up.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

• I have to admit I love this mod and can't wait for an update. I am currently using 2.11 when I try to download the updates IE cannot find the page. can you tell me to locate these new files like 2.12b. I have some minor issues with 2.11 but I found ways around it. For example. When I try and upgrade the iron clad to the dreadnaught it crashes everytime. I also can't change my production from the city view but I think that was mentioned. Another thing but back to my main question where is the new patch located. Thanks.
                          Jesse Evans
                          The Turnbase King

Comment

• The 2.12A update is here.

That is if you want to download just the updates version and there is a 2.12B I belive but it isn't on our web-page yet, just on these forums. Maybe CivFanatics will work better.

The older files are not fully tested with 1.21f.

We are working on 2.15 that will be compatible. So things need to be changed to perserve the balance we are going for.

Let me know if there is anything else we can do for you.

If you want to help us test out the new version let me know.
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

• Thanks and I would love to help you guys test software. I have a great testing environment because I have 5 computers and that way I can test that and not interfere with my real game. Thanks. my email address is jevans@bussvc.wisc.edu.
                              Jesse Evans
                              The Turnbase King

Comment

• I will send you the related info for 2.15. Give me a few to get it to you.
                                Yours in gaming,
                                ~Luc

Comment

Working...
                                X