Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a strange crash here now. It's in the early modern era and all of a sudden I cannot change build orders UNLESS they have been completed and I'm prompted to change, or approve what the 'mayor' has chosen to build.

Anyway If I select 'change production' from the popup menu or zoom to the city and try to change it that way, Civ3 crashes instantly. (Program fault) Anyway I dont really think the MOD itself is to blame, but I can send a copy of the save-game and you can see if you get the same problem as well.

It's really annoying.

Chaing
    You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      I think there is a lot of myth about Facism tied to Mussolini "making the trains run on time." People tend to see Facism, while autocratic, as highly efficient and productive.

In reality, this is untrue. Facist Italy and Nazi Germany suffered rampant corruption, horrible inefficiency and massive economic problems. The massive military build-up and wars were the only things the leaders could do to galvanize industry and keep the countries afloat.

I would give Facism very high corruption values and very poor economic values. I really don't see a difference between it and Despotism.
      Then please explain how England, the US, France, AND Russia all had to team up to beat just Italy and Germany?

I'd make Fascism have high corruption but democracy style commerce. Easy military support and no war weariness, but however, extra unhappy people.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Chaing,

Please send you savegame here. It sounds like a corrupt icon in the Units32.pcx. I'm sorry about the problem. Do you have the latest version loaded?
        Yours in gaming,
        ~Luc

Comment

• Well Having a bit of trouble with my e-mail at the moment, so I'll be unable to send it for a few days. It always happens after the discovery of flight and seems to be when I build bombers.

Does any of that help?

Chaing
          You're a star-belly sneech, you suck it like a leech! You want everyone to act like you. Kiss ass while you ***** so you can get rich while your boss gets richer off you! Well you'll work harder with a gun in your back, for a bowl of rice a day. Slave to soldiers til you starve, then your heads impaled on a stake!

The framework of the world is - black and white! The infrastructure builders - flex their might! Turning true emotion into digital expression, one by one we all fall down. The grey race shrivels, trapped inside. The world it creates is black and white.

Comment

• Bombers? Flight? No I didn't really do anything with that. Were you building a Dreadnaught or an engineer by chance?
            Yours in gaming,
            ~Luc

Comment

• Well it could have been any of the other MODS I installed ( Had a few which I removed. ) anyway the bomber icon is corrupted in the build que and a few other icons are incorrect. I'll just uninstall and reinstall to see if that will fix it and hope for the best!

Chaing

Comment

• Well some of the icons for units "being built" are incorrect, but they are random and it seems it is a civ3.exe problem. I say that because it gets those icons from the same place it gets all of the other unit icons and some of the unit's icons are right some are not (meaning for example the bomber icon will display correctly in the build queue menu, but when it is being built or sitting in a city it will not). There is nothing I know of that will fix this. I guess it is a side-effect of the mod, until the exe is fixed.
                Yours in gaming,
                ~Luc

Comment

• Before anything:sorry for my bad english

Iwant to congratulate whit the people had make this mod.

Its wondeful

I found a little problem,but I dunno if ya alredy know it(read all the reply of this post is toooooo boring ):

when I finish to build the "Napoleonic Code" the game crash!!

Ihope you could find this post some useful.

Byez

Comment

• Well Elucidus it seems I took care of the problem. I uninstalled Civ3 and removed everything from the old directory. Then reinstalled The balancer and now I do not have that problem anymore. I'm guessing that the crash was being caused by one of the other mods I had installed (over the balancer).

Anyway once again I'm playing Civ3 crash free again, we'll see how long that lasts.

Should I find any other problems I'll list them here. I mean no one can fix them if no one says anything.

Chaing

Comment

• Did I say that I love your mod?

But I can't automate prisoners.

Comment

• Slim,

I will look into that wonder image tonight and get back to you.

Chaing,

Glad everything cleared up. Let m eknow if it crops up again and when.

Tori,

Glad to hear you are enjoying it, that is the whole point afterall. As far as that prisoner thing. I will see what I can do. I probably forgot to enable it in the editor. Sorry about that. I'll let you know though.
                        Yours in gaming,
                        ~Luc

Comment

• Strange crashes

I love the mod, but some of the effects are wierd. I can't build explorers. The game crashes to desktop when production of one is complete. The other civs can build them though. I have crashed twice after entering goody huts. I also crashed after building a settler. I am playing on a fresh install with only your mod added. I've attatched the latest crash save. Thanks!
                          Attached Files
                          "Honestly, Anakin, I swear you'll be the death of me someday." Obi-wan Kenobi

Comment

• Wow. That is odd. Maybe you had a bad download. Have you installed the latest version? Either way I will check into this when I get home today. Sorry about the problems.
                            Yours in gaming,
                            ~Luc

Comment

• I can build explorers no problem from your save. Maybe send me the BIC you are using and I'll check that out. Although it sounds like you have a bad unit animation. I hadn't done anything with the explorer so if you want I can send you the animations I have for it, and that should clear it up. Also before going in any goody huts save it and if it crashes when you enter send me the save file. Without that I can't troubleshoot the problem.
                              Yours in gaming,
                              ~Luc

Comment

• Found out exactly what caused my problem. I installed the WW2 mod over the balancer awhile back, I guess there are some changes that 'dont get along'. However My save-games would not load correctly after reinstalling the game/mod. No big deal however.

I fired up a game on warlord just to try everything out, got past the entire bomber issue without any problems at all. (And I had no clue how effective bombing the hell out of your enemy before attacking was.)

Bombardment isn't all that bad, it seems to work better with the bomber aircraft or artillery instead of naval ships. But hey, I never cared for naval bombardment anyway.

So now things are running smoothly again, just felt the need to let everyone know.

And with those words I must return to assuring the Glory of mighty Rome, Have some pesky backstabbing chinese to deal with.

Chaing

Comment

Working...
                                X